Need Recommendations for Zero Turn Mower

joepacelli

Threads
Wife and I are building a new home and moving in end of June. We are going from a Townhouse in which lawn maintenance was covered by HOA to 3/4 of an acre, non-rough terrain yard with currently no trees.
So I am looking to purchase the following;
Zero Turn Mower, plus maybe some optional items like bagger, mulch kit, etc. depending on the mower
Push Mower for area we are going to fence for dog and for ditch in front of yard.
Weed Eater

I would like to purchase all the same brand if possible.
So if I buy a Toro Zero Turn Mower, I would also like a Toro Push Mower and Toro weed eater.

I'm looking at spending no more than 4K-5K for everything

So probably need to get a 42"-48" Zero Turn to be within this price range for everything

So do I purchase something at Lowes or Home Depot where I can get a 10% military discount.
Or do I see if local dealer offer any good deal's.

The advantage of the local dealer is in the future if I have issue's, I can have them service it and they usually treat you better if you purchased from them.

So now it comes to the brand. I've started to look at the following brands
Toro
Husqavarna
John Deere
Kubota

So I'm looking for so help and recommendations.

Thanks
Joe

cruzenmike

Threads
I am quite sure that Kubota and John Deere do not offer either push mowers or string trimmers, at least not stateside. Of the Toro and Husqvarna, they both make decent equipment. I must ask, why do they all have to be the same brand? If it is some type of OCD then I can completely understand; I was hell bent on having either Ariens or Cub Cadet equipment that all matched. In the end, I decided to get the best of what I could afford no matter the brand.

What you propose, you can have in either the Toro or Husqvarna brands for under $4,000.

joepacelli

Threads
Not really OCD, just would be nice to maybe get a package deal with a dealer possibly.
Tell them I want a Zero Turn, Push Mower, Weed Eater, and maybe even a Blower, and ask if they can do some kind of deal, 10%, 15%, or 20% off or something
Doesn't hurt to ask.

Plus if they are all the same, maintenance is easier.

Don't want to have to bring Toro Zero Turn to a Toro Service center and then have to take a Troy Bilt Push Mower to another dealer if purchased someplace else.

I believe Kubota sales guy mentioned they have a package deal of Zero Turn, Bagger, Weed Eater and Blower, but the Weed Eater and Blower are Echo brand. And I would then need to get push mower someplace else.