Chainsaw starts and then dies

Bagster

Threads
I have a T435 Husqvarna chainsaw. After the engine has been running awhile, it dies. It will starts right back up, but won't stay running. From what I read, this is a common problem. I've watched fixit tips on Youtube , but everyone had a differnet solution. Does anyone know how to fix this? If not, can some recommend a different brand mini-chainsaw? I installed a new spark plug, and use premix fuel, so that is not an issue. This chainsaw is coming close to taking a one-way trip to the l river.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bad coil, test it with a meter next time it die's.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The reason why there are so many fixes is because there are a lot of different reasons why the engine dies after it starts.
1) bad coil
2) bad plug
3) bad fuel cap
4) bad fuel breather
5) tank not pressure tight
6) carb loose
7) impulse feed leak
8) blocked screen in the carb
9) blocked high speed fuel passage in the carb
10) failed check valve in the carb
11) failed check valve in primer
12) blocked fuel return line
13 ) bad fuel pump diaphragm
14) bad metering diaphragm
15) failed gasket in carb leaking.

Now I am sure there are a few others but this is all that come to mind right now

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How old is it? When was the last time the fuel filter and lines were replaced?

Bagster

Threads
How old is it? When was the last time the fuel filter and lines were replaced?

The saw is about 4 years old, but doesn't have 30 hours on it. From what I've read, my problem is the nature of the beast with these saws. I ran the saw today, and it worked fine. This is one of those weird things that crop up sporadically. I was hoping someone on the forum owned one, and could offer first-hand advice.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The saw is about 4 years old, but doesn't have 30 hours on it. From what I've read, my problem is the nature of the beast with these saws. I ran the saw today, and it worked fine. This is one of those weird things that crop up sporadically. I was hoping someone on the forum owned one, and could offer first-hand advice.

I looked up the T435 and it looks like an 'arborist' saw. Those saws are usually commercial quality and not cheap; probably well worth fixing even if you can't fix it yourself.

If you're determined to throw it in the river, just let me know and I'll do it for you. I'd like to have one of those saws.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

As mentioned in post 3 it could be any one of a large number of things.
What was causing the problem on Fred's saw might or might not be causing the same problem on your saw.

THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS.

It is a systematic process of testing & working your way through all of them.
And I also forgot to mention mud pluggers blocking up the exhaust ( why it is good to keep chain saws in a hard case ) or even a beetle that got stuck in the exhaust then blown out.

Usually with low use saws fuel evaporating and leaving varnish behind which clogs the fuel system in the culprit.
I could dadvise you to drain the fuel after you have finished then start it to run the carb dry but you ( and just about every one else will ignore it ).
There are customers who bring their saws in almost every winter ( too late to cut firewood ) with the same problem from fuel blockages and they leave spewing cause they just forked out another $ 75 on this piece of !*&@##* saw.