Scag Liberty Z 48" vs 52" - torn

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought the 52" inch a week ago and only have around 5 hours on it.
I have about a little over an acre and a half that use to be a hay field and it is an awesome machine so far.
Congratulations. I hope it treats you well.

butwhenido

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cool, don't forget to do your early oil change. I did mine just under 10 hours & changed the filter as well.

PS: my Toro has the same 21.5 hp Kawasaki. I love it.

Not a chance in the world I am going to forget that first oil change and filter!

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, they did drop the Kohler engines on the Liberty Z but the Patriot still has them for sure.
I just bought me the Liberty Z with the FR651v about a month ago and even though I have only put 5 hours on it I am happy with it.
I have a little over an acre and a third and have cut it a few times already even when it really didn't need it!
Sachs are awesome!

I have the same engine, wait till you get about 50 hours on it, on mine the gas usage improved noticeably. That engine is a beast.

butwhenido

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cool, don't forget to do your early oil change. I did mine just under 10 hours & changed the filter as well.

PS: my Toro has the same 21.5 hp Kawasaki. I love it.

The Scag manual says 20 hours and the Kawasaki manual says 8 hour? Confusing but I'm going to go with the 8 hours.
Thanks

butwhenido

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same engine, wait till you get about 50 hours on it, on mine the gas usage improved noticeably. That engine is a beast.
That'll be nice!
It cut my mowing time considerably as it is. Well, I was using a 1641 Cub Cadet!

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Scag manual says 20 hours and the Kawasaki manual says 8 hour? Confusing but I'm going to go with the 8 hours.
Thanks

Yes when in doubt, follow the engine maker Kawasaki recommendations. :thumbsup: They are the ones warrantying that engine.

That'll be nice!
It cut my mowing time considerably as it is. Well, I was using a 1641 Cub Cadet!

Yes I thought so as well..

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes when in doubt, follow the engine maker Kawasaki recommendations. They are the ones warrantying that engine.

When the mower manufacturer and engine manufacturer recommendations are different, I go with the more conservative of the two.

I learned this the hard way.