Should I sell my tractor and try to buy a cub cadet?

Threads
  • / Should I sell my tractor and try to buy a cub cadet?
I was thinking about possibly selling my tractor and attempting to buy a cub cadet 1250, 1450, 1650, 682, 782, 882, 982, a 129, 149, or 169. Should I? I might buy a cub cadet first then sell the tractor, but we'll see from there.

So cub cadet owners, should I do it? Should I sell the tractor then buy a cub cadet or Buy a cub first then sell the other tractor?

Thanks in advance.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is your tractor?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seeing what you are looking at is all old outdated tractors that will be hard to find parts for I would suggest you keep your old one around till you get a feel for the outdated one you are buying. I see this in my shop someone buys a old tractor and then they find they need to spend big dollars to keep it running. Bad idea unless you are looking for something to restore and then just show it off and not use it for work.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It appears that you just drive your tractor around for recreation and that it doesn't even have a mowing deck on it. I'd suggest you get yourself a mini-bike, motorcycle or quad. They're a lot more fun!

Threads
I might not need to sell my Powr kraft. I found a cub cadet 127 on craigslist. It has no starter generator, a busted rod, wrong front tires, no spark plug or its wire, and no seat, but it seems solid. The piston seized, which is probably why the rod broke, and luckily, from what it seems it didn't tear the block a new breather hole. It has no attachments. He's asking 100 bucks, which doesn't seem bad. Good deal or nah?
Thanks in advance.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I might not need to sell my Powr kraft. I found a cub cadet 127 on craigslist. It has no starter generator, a busted rod, wrong front tires, no spark plug or its wire, and no seat, but it seems solid. The piston seized, which is probably why the rod broke, and luckily, from what it seems it didn't tear the block a new breather hole. It has no attachments. He's asking 100 bucks, which doesn't seem bad. Good deal or nah?
Thanks in advance.

YOU'RE DOUBLE POSTING ! I just saw this post AFTER I answered your other post, ( Find a Good Deal ) double posting gives us a fit, stick to 1 post per issue, such as this selling/buying is one, but say, you ask about how to replace your carb on another mower would be another thread, get it ..??

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks in advance.
Why do you need or want it? It's almost 50 years old and it has a seized engine...

Threads
I mainly just want it, as I only have 1 tractor and my brother has like 7. Plus my tractor is just for use as a mower and small landscaper. It's built for hauling leaves and sticks, and cutting grass. I want this 127. The guy said only the piston head is seized to the block, but that's probably the best case scenario. I'll have to ask him if the crank can turn freely. I also noticed it's missing the electric lift motor. But still, it's in good condition. Plus it has the original 12 horse, which is rare; most cubs have the wrong engine, like a 72 having a 10 HP, or a 1250 with a 14 HP. Most people just buy the first kohler they can find and shove it in the tractor.
Also, are 127's manual or electric lift?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems to me that you already have your hands full with the MTD...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will not have the origional engine any more either. The damage you are talking about is an engine killer.