dixon speedztr 30 stopped running

mhinchey4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Veryu important is it a click or a klunk ?
There are two things that go click when you turn the ignition on.
1) the fuel solenoid, it is small so makes a light click
2) the starter solenoid which is big and makes a klunk.

And have you checked the oil level as asked back in post # 3 ?
Do you have a voltmeter ?
IF so what is the battery voltage ?

What engine dose your Dixon have in it ?

To shut down while mowing either the magneto shut down or the fuel solenoid shut down.
While there could have been mechanical problems usually they prevent you from rotating the engine by hand.

Things that cause the magneto to shut down while mowing are generally a short to ground of one of the safety switches , or a very flat battery if it has an ignition relay.
Things that cause the fuel solenoid to shut down are a loose / broken wire or a very low battery .

I have some new news. i checked the safety switches and all seam clean. i checked the fuel tank and there is gas. i hand rotated the engine under the screen. the battery has power. playing with everything apparently is making the engine turn over now. i was able to attempt starting the engine. the engine is cranking and turning but it wont start. cranking so much so that gas is flooding the engine. i removed the spark plug. it was covered in gas. i cleaned the head and checked gap. replaced plug but still wont start.
is there an electrical part that has gone out?
the engine is a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp Intek. model number 31E777.

Threads
Next time you take the plug out and cleared the cylinder out of gas check for spark on the plug against the block....

Let us know if you have spark .