First Zero Turn...Looking at Toro/Exmark

Point37

Threads

Point37

Threads
now i'm looking at the following (prices for each mower are just what i could find on the internet via google, not sure of exact prices):

-exmark quest e series 42 $3300 (hg2100) (non powered bagger)
-toro mx4250 $3600 (hg2200) (non powered bagger)
-kubota z122r 42 $4355 (hg2200) (non powered bagger)

-ariens ikon xl 42 $3800 (hg2800) (doesn't seem like there is a bagger available)
-gravely zt xl 42 $4100 (hg2800) (powered bagger)
-scag liberty z 36 $4000 (hg2800) (non powered bagger)

now leaning towards the gravely at the moment or just going with my original choice of the toro and just hope the parking brake module doesn't malfunction

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Although I love Exmark mowers I'd eliminate the Quest due to the 2100 transmission.

Point37

Threads
Although I love Exmark mowers I'd eliminate the Quest due to the 2100 transmission.

i feel like the quest is out as well as the ariens due to not having a bagger and the scag due to the small deck...the gravely looks much better than the toro to me due to the better transmissions and the powered bagger plus not having to worry about the toro auto brake module failing...not sure about reliability of either one

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh, didn't notice the Liberty was a 36. Yeah, that's pretty small. ZTR with a deck that small is kind of silly IMO.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will not mow them but I have been called out to bid 2-acre lot with a 40" gate.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will not mow them but I have been called out to bid 2-acre lot with a 40" gate.

Yeah, might be useful as a gated area machine but overall utility is greatly diminished IMO.

To the OP: Have you checked the price on the Gravely bagger? Vacuum baggers can be pretty pricey. And note that often the bagger and "deck kit" are separate items and that there's usually a bit to the first-time installation of the bagger unit.

Point37

Threads
Yeah, might be useful as a gated area machine but overall utility is greatly diminished IMO.

To the OP: Have you checked the price on the Gravely bagger? Vacuum baggers can be pretty pricey. And note that often the bagger and "deck kit" are separate items and that there's usually a bit to the first-time installation of the bagger unit.

i have to do some more research or go to a dealer to find out...i would like to know if i can buy a regular bagger and add the vac at a later time by just removing the parts that attach to the deck...i'd much rather buy a little better so i don't have to work on it as much but i also don't want to overspend for what i need...trying to find that sweet spot is proving to be the tough thing for me

Point37

Threads
what about a Ferris IS 600Z?...they have a 44" deck option with a 25hp 724cc B&S commercial series engine or a 18.5hp 603cc kawasaki fs600v engine...the next smallest i can find on their website is a 36" and the next largest is a 48"...probably much more expensive than my other options...
https://www.ferrismowers.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/zero-turn-mowers/is-600z-zero-turn-mowers.html

edit: doesn't look like there is a bagger available for the 44" deck...i'll have to ask and find out...maybe the website is wrong

https://www.ferrismowers.com/na/en_us/products/attachments-and-accessories/collection-systems.html

Last edited:

Point37

Threads
i posted a question on the ferris website and it said that they had 2 bagger options for the 44" deck...looks like they updated their website after i asked...i just don't understand how the B&s engine is 25 hp and the kawasaki is 18.5 hp...kind of a big difference

i do feel like the ferris is going to be overkill for what i need to do but i do feel like it would last a lot longer than some of my residential choices...it's also pretty heavy

Last edited: