2010 729BT6 left drive wheel power loss

Heavy D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: 2010 729BT6 left drive wheel power los

So we got 10+ inches of snow as expected. Filling the reservoir helped but it’s still felt like the left wheel was slipping occasionally when snow built up in front of the snowblower and there was increased resistance while moving forward. Opening the cab door and looking down visually the wheel was not slipping.
So if there is a chance of destroying the other side with metal shavings how do I troubleshoot if it’s the wheel motor and or wheel motor and pump that is actually bad ?
Dean

173abn

Threads
Sorry I can't help you but do know if you call Grasshopper they are willing and able to answer any questions. Phone # is 316 354 8621. Good Luck ,,,russ

BWH

Threads
Re: 2010 729BT6 left drive wheel power los

I agree it might be best to talk to Grasshopper maybe they can give you a test procedure to identify the problem. I do believe that the filter system on the Grasshopper pump filters the oil from the drive motors before it enters the pump trapping the metal filings in the filter. I'm definitely interested in what information you get from Grasshopper, keep us in the loop.

Luffydog

Threads
There is hydro test you can do to check the psi under so many rpms and they shouldn't drop under so many psi between neutral and full forward. I bet they tell u to take it to the neasrest shop. But yes keep us posted

zman111666

Threads
This might sound a little silly and basic, but did you check to make sure the key didn't shear on the axle? When it slips, is the axle going, but not the tire? Sometimes it's the little things that get us.

Heavy D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help guys,
I called Grasshopper and I have a few things to check. First was the dump valves which were both tightened and were not the problem, second was the control arm linkages, evidently the shaft coming out of the pump holds the linkage to the control arms comes loose and allows the linkage to slip on the shaft. I tightened that up and will see how it performs when I can hook up my trailer later this week. Other questions he asked were does it slip worse after it warms up and does it slip equally as bad in reverse? It does not slip more when warm or as far as I can tell in reverse.
I will have to pay more attention when I put it on the trailer. I will let you guys know when I find out more info. Thanks again for all the help.
Dean