Need help with Lawn Care, New Season

gotomow

Threads
Contact Scotts and ask them.

The bag says, "great for sod and grass plugs" and "starter food for new grass." I don't think that's the same thing as "newly seeded."

The reviews on the product site look great, with most posting that they used it on newly seeded areas. So I guess I'll give it a try and report back.

Kraiven

Forum Newbie
Threads
I finally was able to get in touch with my cousin in Florida, did landscaping up here in Mass for about 25+ years. He told me to wait until April before I plant anything (due to possible night frost). Start with using a split seeder(over seeder) with a pass in each direction. Water as needed, and use no fertilizer. Hoping that the new seeded lawn will choke out the crab grass and prevent it from taking over the bare spots. I probably will consider trying one of those "safer" crab grass killers from scotts, but not until the new grass has taken effect. I'm gonna keep this thread updated on my progress this year, from spring to fall, hoping to help out anyone in the future with similar problems.

I will probably overseed again in the fall, and aggressively treat the weeds as needed. Report back on your progress and experiments as well.

Elizabeth Rosen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Kraven, I am a newbie to this forum. But I can help you with some ideas to make your lawn look nice and green. I too had a beautiful lawn in our old house. For setting the lawn in our new house, I had consulted a lawn maintenance service in Mississauga. So that I can give you some tips for a perfect lawn.
1) Don't forget to water the lawn in the morning.
2) Feed your lawn daily.
3) If your lawn is a little thin in areas, you can seed over the area to help lush it up.
4) Cut your grass to a height of 6 to 8 centimetres, which will prevent the growth of weeds and discourage insect pests.
5) Promote more green grasses.
6) Grow small plants which improve the beauty of our greenery.
Finally, the secret of having a green lawn lies in providing enough nutrients, practising sound weed control, and following the proper mowing routine. It is better to use natural lawn fertilizers for a better result.

Mikeb33

Forum Newbie
Threads
The reviews on the product site look great, with most posting that they used it on newly seeded areas. So I guess I'll give it a try and report back.

Have you anything to report back yet? I have a 3-4 week old newly seeded lawn with weeds in it already. I was thinking of this product too. "Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food For New Grass Plus Weed Preventer"