crasy electrical problem

blackchevy3de

Threads
I have a 10.5 b&s motor with electric start, with engine running and I walk over to mower with my meter in hand to check charging system,with meter on volts it starts bouncing like crazy , ive disconnected the alt wires and still bouncing ,driving me crazy, next I took a pair of upper cables hooked them to battery andlayed them about 6 feet from running mower hooked up meter and it reads as it should 13 volts of I move near the motor meter starts to bouncing crazy, im thinking its something to do with the coil, please if you can HELP, ive checked all wiring and grds and even aded grds, ps its not the meter,meter works fine on other mowers thanks jim

blackchevy3de

Threads
I have a 10.5 b&s motor with electric start, with engine running and I walk over to mower with my meter in hand to check charging system,with meter on volts it starts bouncing like crazy , ive disconnected the alt wires and still bouncing ,driving me crazy, next I took a pair of upper cables hooked them to battery andlayed them about 6 feet from running mower hooked up meter and it reads as it should 13 volts of I move near the motor meter starts to bouncing crazy, im thinking its something to do with the coil, please if you can HELP, ive checked all wiring and grds and even aded grds, ps its not the meter,meter works fine on other mowers thanks jim

I found the problem, motor had a AZ easy start spark plug in it I removed it and replaced it with a champion plug started it up and meter now reads zero, hooked up to battery it now shows 13.5,i put the easy start plug in my snow blower, started it up and meter set to votes not hooked up and meter starts bouncing like crazy turned out to be bad plug