675 Series Briggs and Stratton Engine w/ the Auto Choke

cboudr5

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 675 Series Briggs and Stratton Engine w/ the Auto Choke
Craftsman Mower
675 Series Briggs and Stratton Engine w/ the Auto Choke

When cool it starts on the first pull. It runs for a little while then starts to die. You can see the governor spring on the carburetor pull and relax a few times before it dies.

It’s got new oil, a new spark plug, new air filter and even a new gas tank as the other leaked.

I overhauled the carburetor, my first time.

I know the carburetor opens and shuts properly. The auto choke vane spring is in place and pulls the choke closed when the engine is cool. The vane is engaged with the thermostat arm properly. The thermostat arm is loose, but I don’t know how its supposed to feel. I know that when the engine starts it moves forward, on the vane, which in turn is opening the choke. That seems to be correct operation, according to videos I’ve seen.

Any idea why this engine is stalling?

cboudr5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is a video:

Threads
You are still having a fuel supply issue.... How old is the fuel line. ??????

I assume the choke vane is in the correct position..... Some people think it goes inside the slot... Nope.....

The reason I say it's the fuel is that your bowl is full and then the engine is using the fuel in the bowl then runs out.... When it sits for a lil while the bowl fills back up..... Old gas lines flap on the inside.. No proper way to test that... Blowing doesn't help neither....

Let us know Mon Ami ... Hope this helps ~!~!

cboudr5

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are still having a fuel supply issue.... How old is the fuel line. ??????

I assume the choke vane is in the correct position..... Some people think it goes inside the slot... Nope.....

The reason I say it's the fuel is that your bowl is full and then the engine is using the fuel in the bowl then runs out.... When it sits for a lil while the bowl fills back up..... Old gas lines flap on the inside.. No proper way to test that... Blowing doesn't help neither....

Let us know Mon Ami ... Hope this helps ~!~!

Vane is in the correct position, and the fuel line is new.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you tried running the unit with the gas cap off or very loose? The vent in the cap may be plugged causing a vacuum in the tank, not allowing the fuel to flow. If the unit continues to run with no cap, it’s time to replace the cap.

Threads
Rivets is right on that gas cap part if it's plugged up....

I just watched the video and that is a symptom of a plugged vent .........