B&S Flywheel Tech Drawings

Carl2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to locate the flywheel tech drawings for 2 separate Briggs & Stratton flywheels and naturally B&S won't send them to me stating the drawings are for B&S technicians only. The part numbers are 691053 and 691054. Thank you for any and all assistance. If someone more experienced could also share this in the B&S Forum, I would appreciate it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am trying to locate the flywheel tech drawings for 2 separate Briggs & Stratton flywheels and naturally B&S won't send them to me stating the drawings are for B&S technicians only. The part numbers are 691053 and 691054. Thank you for any and all assistance. If someone more experienced could also share this in the B&S Forum, I would appreciate it.

Offhand Carl, I personally don't know of anyplace to find the "spec-sheets" , BUT, what I would try, is to find ( Google) Briggs racing/parts/equipment , find some manufacturers of the racing flywheels, I would venture to say at least one of them, would have the info you are seeking, it's worth a try ! .. Best of luck, ....... keep us updated. .. :thumbsup:

Carl2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Offhand Carl, I personally don't know of anyplace to find the "spec-sheets" , BUT, what I would try, is to find ( Google) Briggs racing/parts/equipment , find some manufacturers of the racing flywheels, I would venture to say at least one of them, would have the info you are seeking, it's worth a try ! .. Best of luck, ....... keep us updated. .. :thumbsup:

I was told by one of the B&S customer service reps that the tech spec drawings are available to their authorized service techs via an online "Power Portal" that they log into but the only way someone can set up an account for accessing it is by being an authorized service center technician. I don't know why they do such a thing, you'd think the info would be available to anyone requesting such info directly from the manufacturer. Thanks for the information in regards to searching for racing parts & equipment though, I'll try that route as well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And this is exactly one reason why I keep recommending getting parts from you local dealer.
If they know you as a customer most will be happy to run you off a copy.
Despite the fact I am an independent mower mechanic, I buy a lot of parts from the local authorised brands dealers.
Thus when I need information like this they are happy to supply me with it.
Screw them by buying everything from on line discount shops and you end up cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Carl2

Forum Newbie
Threads
And this is exactly one reason why I keep recommending getting parts from you local dealer.
If they know you as a customer most will be happy to run you off a copy.
Despite the fact I am an independent mower mechanic, I buy a lot of parts from the local authorised brands dealers.
Thus when I need information like this they are happy to supply me with it.
Screw them by buying everything from on line discount shops and you end up cutting your nose off to spite your face.

FYI according to the B&S authorized dealers online listings my nearest service center is a 50 minute drive away. I buy allot of local parts from local dealers and general service centers but if I can save 20 bucks or more on a larger purchase buying the part(s) online I do so to save money.

Carl2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been unable to obtain the requested information from Briggs & Stratton so now I have to pay an authorized service center to make the simple repairs necessary. FYI I am on S.S. Disability as my only income and due to B&S not having the information available to the end users of their products I have to pay $80 just to have my mower picked up and taken 45 minutes away from my home for the simple repairs I could have done myself, plus whatever other costs incurred for the parts & labor. I will never recommend or purchase a B&S powered product again as the result of the companies asinine policies regarding the release of basic repair drawings or dimensions to the equipment owners!
Thank you to those whom have replied to my post and good day to all.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you even try to get an authorized dealer to get you what you want? A phone call may have gotten you what you want. Many dealers are willing to help out if asked in a noncondisending way. Also, I don’t know what you did for a living, but I’m sure there were things that the general public were not allowed to have, that you could not give out. You didn’t even tell us your problem to see if anyone could help you. Maybe if you would have told us why you wanted the drawings, the knowledgeable people on this forum would be able to help you out. I’m sure your attitude had nothing to do with your results.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have been unable to obtain the requested information from Briggs & Stratton so now I have to pay an authorized service center to make the simple repairs necessary. FYI I am on S.S. Disability as my only income and due to B&S not having the information available to the end users of their products I have to pay $80 just to have my mower picked up and taken 45 minutes away from my home for the simple repairs I could have done myself, plus whatever other costs incurred for the parts & labor. I will never recommend or purchase a B&S powered product again as the result of the companies asinine policies regarding the release of basic repair drawings or dimensions to the equipment owners!
Thank you to those whom have replied to my post and good day to all.

Sorry you feel this way.
I have been repairing mowers for the past 5 years.
About 300 jobs go through the workshop every year and I can not think of ant reason why anyone would want an engineering drawing of a mower flywheel to repair a mower.
In fact apart from replacing magnets ( alternator inside & magneto outside ) or a bolt on ring gear there are no repairs you can do to a flywheel.
People on this forum have walked members through some very complicated repairs & rebuilds many of which have never touched a hand tool before let alone repaired their mower.

You accuse B & S for keeping secrets while doing exactly the same thing to the members on this forum.
Then you throw a tanty because you did not get what you want and throw in the dissability card.

Your biggest dissability is yourself and your attitude
Good luck in the future it looks like you will need it.