Your opinion on buying Me a Husqvarna YTH22V46

cobra390t

Threads
Been few years since i owned a riding mower after i ditched my BO****&*& Troy built bronco ,hired my Son and buddy to landscape our land, they did amazing job with that Zero turn commercial grade mower his buddy's dad own. Fast forward the boys went to college and there is a chance that this season i will be high and dry with my only trusty Honda push mower :rolleyes: to push and cut. SO i decided that is not going to happen so i started shopping with a small budget as much i would love to buy that localy LISTED Diesel KUBUOTA i am really short on cash so i located a Husqvarna YTH22V46 2014 model with 339 Hours on it.

Owner stated that they done the following New carburetor, battery, blades, filters, and some more stuff. No rust from what i can see in the Pic, seat not damaged , tires looks good ..etc. They were asking originally $850 3 month ago but they lowered it to $650 and we struck a deal for $500.

Would Like to know if those hours is a lot of hours on that Box store riding mower?

Is that Husqvarna YTH22V46 a good over all riding mower Vs the low end as Troy built , craftsman , Mid ..etc to its the same but branded with Husqvarna.

cheers

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
With those hours I'd be concerned about the transmission. That unit has the Tuff Torq K46 which is known to have issues.

cobra390t

Threads
With those hours I'd be concerned about the transmission. That unit has the Tuff Torq K46 which is known to have issues.

You know this is something that didn’t cross my mind . In fact I had to rebuild the CVT in that Troy Built . How problematic are these K46 ..

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just do a quick google search. You should find plenty on them. Their typical failure is that they work fine when cold but once they operate for 20 or 30 minutes struggle to move. At those hours I think it's safe to say that it's on borrowed time...

cobra390t

Threads
Just do a quick google search. You should find plenty on them. Their typical failure is that they work fine when cold but once they operate for 20 or 30 minutes struggle to move. At those hours I think it's safe to say that it's on borrowed time...

I believe that could be a possibilities for sure , specially there is no way for me to confirm and find out unless i run it for 30 minute straight prior to purchase it which i doubt that is a possibilities.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unfortunately it's the perfect setup for an unsuspecting buyer to get stuck with a problem unit and only discover it after the deal is done. The only reason I know about that transmission is because my aunt has an L serious JD lawn tractor with one.

cobra390t

Threads
Everyone i talked to include the local outdoor equipment shop seems to be happy with that specific tractor, needless to say the outdoor equipment dealer didn't mention any thing about that i guess maybe because The Tuff Torq K46 is probably the most common box fitted to lawn and garden tractors and that is something to live with IDK.

Regardless based on your opinion, some facts and quick search on google it seems like the tractor in mind is not the issue if i buy one at low hours rather than one with those kid of hours 339 with unknown history of how it was used . I was told by my local outdoor equipment dealer today i was buying some parts for the pressure washer i am working on that the average home owner puts about 56 hours to 60 per year on a yard riding mower so this specific one worked about 113 hours per season / 16 hours per month which here in NC start from April - October

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
339 is above the average for a homeowner but much less than what a commercial user would put on it.

339 is not a lot of hours against the lifetime of the unit. And at $500, you don't have a lot invested, either.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup, the unknown history is the issue. If it was a neighbor or family member or someone unlikely to take advantage of you then you'd be better off. Otherwise it could be someone trying to dump a mower with a bad transmission on some sucker.

cobra390t

Threads
339 is above the average for a homeowner but much less than what a commercial user would put on it.

339 is not a lot of hours against the lifetime of the unit. And at $500, you don't have a lot invested, either.

Yeah i think this mower is above average for homeowner use , Perhaps a young teen ran it as a summer business " i respect that indeed " but i fear what was mentioned the unknown history, i can rebuild about any thing but nothing worse than splitting a case or tear a gear box in a mower i just bought . I will never hear the end of it from the wife :laughing:. don't get me wrong the Mower fit the bill right and been reading nothing but good stuff about it that brand except few spindle issues that breaks here and there which makes be believe that this might be the one i would chase for my low-end budget