cratfsman tractor, kohler 26hp sv735 0017

ldd2

Forum Newbie
Threads
i was blowing snow and no problems then i lost the pto belt. i replace belt and try starting it up, the engine was cold so i pulled the choke, all it would do is backfire. i got it started and started to blow snow it seemed run smooth untill i started in to heaver snow, then it would bog down and die. i replace the plugs, fuel and air filters and ajusted the belt tension. it seems like it's running rich. i'am at a lost. i've called a few dealers and and all they tell me is to bring it in. if it not engine itself, i'am capable of fixing myself. any help would be apreciate.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it possible that the choke stuck shut when you pulled it and it didn't release. Some of the Kohlers have a plastic part on the choke that the cable connects to that will break if forced.

ldd2

Forum Newbie
Threads
the choke seems to be working. when it is cold i pull the choke it backfires, i push it in and pull it out a little and i can get it to start and it runs smooth. i start blowing snow it bogs down and dies. could it the fuel pump?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How soon after opening the choke and putting a load on it does it start to die out. It could be a fuel pump problem or some other fuel restriction.. Normally those appear after running under load for a short or longer period of time since the fuel system can't keep up with demand. It won't start acting up immediately. And most of the time may not show up even running full throttle without a load for several minutes or not at all.