HR-215HX transmission question

Snapperfreak

Threads
HR-215HXA MZAM-6062356. When I first picked this mower up a year ago the transmission would sometimes not engage. I’d push the lever forward and nothing, then a few seconds it would go. Other times it would operate just fine. An intermittent problem. Took it to the shop and they replaced the drive cable and it seemed ok and I’m sure it was while they were testing it but same thing once I got it home. Then they said it needs a new transmission so I found one on eBay out of another model exactly the same. Had it swapped out and it does perform better it seems, the issue is less frequent but it does still have the issue. Question is just this: Do I need to just buy a brand new transmission from Honda or is there something else we’ve been overlooking with this one? Yes I would buy a new transmission over a new HRX because 1, this mower is awesome and I really enjoy using it and I use it most of them time, 2, everything else is in excellent shape (I put all new wheels and new bag on it) and 3, a new transmission is still a few hundred less than the new Honda I’d buy if I were to buy a new one. Thanks.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Send a PM to (robert@honda) ..member on this site, he's the Honda Guru around here. ..:thumbsup: