2017 Hustler Raptor SD or 2018?

jchas41

Threads
Sure!

Was gonna ask about suspension recommendations as well. Can probably swing either a suspension seat kit or the flex forks this year - any opinions on which one first? I test drove it around the yard and the bumpy sections were a little rough on the body lol. Thanks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seat. The forks do some but not as much as the seat.

clubairth

Threads
If you get the seat suspension consider paying a bit more and get one the slides back and forth?

Ebay has them both ways. About $210 for one that slides.

Or just take a look at seat-warehouse.com? They have it all.

RaptorGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is only about price as I would not purchase a Raptor at all. 2017 model for $3599 is way too high when you can get the newer mower with a Kawasaki engine for only $300 more. There is no discount on the 2017 as it is cheaper just because of the Kohler. Once again I would not even buy the Raptor but money wise they are taking advantage of an unknowing customers at that price for the 2017.

Curious to know why you would not buy a Raptor?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Curious to know why you would not buy a Raptor?

If you want to talk about it in more detail PM me. I will not talk about it in the public forum.

mhavanti

Threads
Jchas,

Here is the link to the Raptor Seat Warehouse kit: http://seat-warehouse.com/product/s...hustler-raptor-and-sport-zero-turn-mowers-xx/

You can use any of them and add a half inch spacer below the other kits and they work just fine. Only difference between the others and the Raptor is the addition of the adjustable seat track and a seat switch harness extension.

If you don't need the additional 40 dollar adjustable seat track. Add four half inch solid spacers with 5/16" holes thru them and mow on!

Max

jchas41

Threads
Jchas,

Here is the link to the Raptor Seat Warehouse kit: http://seat-warehouse.com/product/s...hustler-raptor-and-sport-zero-turn-mowers-xx/

You can use any of them and add a half inch spacer below the other kits and they work just fine. Only difference between the others and the Raptor is the addition of the adjustable seat track and a seat switch harness extension.

If you don't need the additional 40 dollar adjustable seat track. Add four half inch solid spacers with 5/16" holes thru them and mow on!

Max

Thanks Max! Honestly, so far that is my only complaint with my Raptor SD. The ride is definitely a little jarring without much in the way of suspension. The suspension seat is going to be a purchase in the very near future. Otherwise, very happy with the maneuverability and the cut quality I have gotten. I have just over 5 hours of ride time on and will be doing the first oil change this week before the next cut. Hopefully after adding the suspension seat I will be much happier with the shock absorption.

mhavanti

Threads
jchas,

You'll definitely appreciate the suspension seat. I really have enjoyed the flex forks I installed this past week. The combination is a must have as soon as you can swing it. I'm thinking sub-frame for the engine and hydros in the future for my Raptor SD. Then we'll have the ticket!

I put up a video on my installation on youtube.

I think the title is something like: Hustler Raptor SD Flex Forks Preparation and Installation Part 1 and Part 2.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Max