Engine B & S Z-Beast mower

vince_n

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have a new Z-Beast mower and the engine won't turn, I charge the battery and even after a day of charging I attempt to turn the motor with the charger still connected, and I don't get any sound of an engine turning, not even a clicking sound. The engine crank a day before all this happen and it crank just fine, I check all fuse that I can find and they are good, I looked for any lose wiring or expose wire and all is good.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
So this is like brand new? I'd start with making sure the battery connections are good and that all levers are in start position - levers all the way out, parking brake on, PTO knob in and seated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is new as in brand new take it to a GXi Power equipment dealer and get them to sort it out.
https://www.gxioutdoorpower.com/
Good luck finding one.
Put a spannar on it yourself & they will void the warranty

If it is just a new to you mower, and you are not trying to start it with a control in the wrong place ( double check the PTO switch )
Then turn the mower on and off in a very quiet place.
You should be able to hear & feel the fuel solenoid on the carb turning on & off.
If some one else is handy touch the solenoid when the switch is turned on & off, you can feel it firing.

Nothing happens then either there is no power ( that includes a ground ) to the ignition switch or the switch is deceased.
These are Chinese made, knock down units reassembled in the USA to avoid import taxes and to pretend they are American made.

There is no service information available for any of the things GXi import and there are no parts breakdowns available either.
This is common for Chinese throw away stuff because writing a parts book cost too much money let alone maintaining a full service & parts regeime which is why quality equipment has a higher price.
The cheapest thing is to pump them out like saussages pack em into containers and ship them to the shops.
Slease bag importers just buy 20% + more of them to pirate parts from till the original is out of warranty then it is tough titties if something breaks.

FWIW a local importer of World Lawn self propelled told me to ship the broken cable to them so they could match it to the replacement.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like he should take it back and get his money back if he still can. That doesn't sound like the set-up for a pleasant ownership experience.