Craftsman LT 1000 Broken Bracket on Trans

Richard hopkins

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cleaning my mower and found a bracket with a spring on it broke, looked under the mower did not find any arm, rod or anything hanging down, any one knows what it’s for.
Had a manual but can’t find it, would appreciate the help attached is a picture. Any Place to get a manual free!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20180108_174232.jpg
    IMG_20180108_174232.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 16

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like parking brake on the side of the tranny.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to the Sears web site type in the numbers on the id plate under your seat.
Sears will allow you to download an owners manual & the parts manual.
Illingine has correctly identified the broken part.
It is the brake actuating lever ( not bracket ) and you will find the rest of it on the end of the brake rod.
Lay under the mower, and get some one to work the brake lever.
Follow the moving rod and on the end you will see the remains of the lever and some springs.
Take a few photos before you take it apart
Blow down the area before you start to pull things apart.
The lever is held on by the single bolt in the middle down the bottom
When you remove the brake lever there are two pins behind ir which actually push on the brake pad and they will either be rusted in solid, or fall out & get lost.

There is no repair manual available for you mower because Sears want you to use their technicians.
However all of them work the same and there are manuals available for other mowers.

Richard hopkins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Go to the Sears web site type in the numbers on the id plate under your seat.
Sears will allow you to download an owners manual & the parts manual.
Illingine has correctly identified the broken part.
It is the brake actuating lever ( not bracket ) and you will find the rest of it on the end of the brake rod.
Lay under the mower, and get some one to work the brake lever.
Follow the moving rod and on the end you will see the remains of the lever and some springs.
Take a few photos before you take it apart
Blow down the area before you start to pull things apart.
The lever is held on by the single bolt in the middle down the bottom
When you remove the brake lever there are two pins behind ir which actually push on the brake pad and they will either be rusted in solid, or fall out & get lost.

There is no repair manual available for you mower because Sears want you to use their technicians.
However all of them work the same and there are manuals available for other mowers.

Bertsmobile1 Thanks for the information, went to the sears site typed my model no. got the manual for my mower. Its the ground drive print found all the parts I need ordered them online even the arm that broke. The brake rod is gone, broke off from all that snow we got here last week about 16 inches I really appreciate the help! Thank You again.

Richard