College Design Project

laurenbeal

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I am currently enrolled in a college course requiring the creation of a new product or modification to an existing product. Although automatic lawnmowers currently exist on the market, our proposed modified product contains the follow features:

1. Automatic mowing through lawn surveying done by an internal, front-view camera to avoid installation of wires around the perimeter of your property or tracks under your lawn
2. Bluetooth connectivity to an app on your phone for the option to remote control the lawn mower for more hands-on control
3. Optional servicing by company members to aid with calibrating the lawn mower to your lawn's specific dimensions

Now, some questions for you:
1. Does mowing your lawn serve more as a chore than a source of enjoyment?
2. What type of lawn mower do you currently own, if you own one? What drove you to purchase this type of lawn mower?
3. Do you prefer to mow your own lawn, or employ the use of landscaping services?
4. Would this proposed product solve a problem of yours?
5. What might prevent you from using this product?
6. Will you pay roughly $800 for this product?
7. What features would you like to see added to this product?
8. Are you a homeowner?
9. How frequently do you mow your lawn?
10. How frequently do you investigate purchasing a new lawn-mowing product?

Please include any other comments or information regarding your perceptions of the product or added features you'd like to see.

Thank you so much!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
5 bucks says this guy is a spammer

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
5 bucks says this guy is a spammer

A lazy student would be a safer bet .
Remember millenials can not see past their smart phones and the smarter the phone the more stupid the person using it becomes.
So if I can not find it with google it does not exist.
Generally a spammer like this posts to every section in the forum.
Could also be a market researcher- advertiser.
I have a friend ( sort of ) who trains post grads.
He deliberately tasks them with material that is not available on line thus forcing them to go to the library and look up past research papers & thesis.
Every year several go to the dean and complain about this, they all get failed.
IF they protest and the protest is upheld then he gives them papers written in foreign languages with terms that Google translate can not deciipher so they have to translate them first.
He reckons 75% of USA university graduates are not worthy of their qualifications.
And the younger they are, the lazier & more devious they are.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll bite.

1. Does mowing your lawn serve more as a chore than a source of enjoyment? I don't mind mowing my own lawn. I have the equipment to do it quickly.
2. What type of lawn mower do you currently own, if you own one? I have 4 lawn mowers, all hydro driven with electric start What drove you to purchase this type of lawn mower? I drove myself to get them in my Chevy pickup truck. I can't afford a chauffeur.
3. Do you prefer to mow your own lawn, or employ the use of landscaping services? I prefer to mow my own lawn
4. Would this proposed product solve a problem of yours? No it wouldn't.
5. What might prevent you from using this product? The fact that I don't need it.
6. Will you pay roughly $800 for this product? No, because I don't need it.
7. What features would you like to see added to this product? No suggestions.
8. Are you a homeowner? Yes
9. How frequently do you mow your lawn? Every 1 to 3 weeks during the growing season for the primary areas and 2 or 3 times per year for the remaining areas.
10. How frequently do you investigate purchasing a new lawn-mowing product? Continually, mostly just out of curiosity and my love for mowers.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had sheep and goats with GPS implants so I could track them. They were required to report to my server hourly. My server then emailed the compiled daily results to me.
The problems that I had yet to work out are feeding them remotely and waste disposal.
As they feed themselves by grazing, this is not a major deal.
However, after they have finished an area, I needed to take my ZTR with collection and mow the entire area to clean up their waste products and this takes time, makes a mess of the ZTR plus the odor which never goes away.
Now the sheep and goats are gone, I had to sell them at a lower than market price as they were electronically modified.
I now mow the lawn with my new ZTR as the old one was a mess especially the tires and the underside of the deck.
I actually enjoy mowing now that the animals are gone.
I've cleaned up my garden tractors that were getting nasty from hauling the waste products into my woods.
If you believe this, I'll tell you another line of s__t! HaHa!!!:laughing::cool2::dance1:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A lazy student would be a safer bet .

He reckons 75% of USA university graduates are not worthy of their qualifications.
And the younger they are, the lazier & more devious they are.

You made a very big mistake here Australia not USA.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had sheep and goats with GPS implants so I could track them. They were required to report to my server hourly. My server then emailed the compiled daily results to me.
The problems that I had yet to work out are feeding them remotely and waste disposal.
As they feed themselves by grazing, this is not a major deal.
However, after they have finished an area, I needed to take my ZTR with collection and mow the entire area to clean up their waste products and this takes time, makes a mess of the ZTR plus the odor which never goes away.
Now the sheep and goats are gone, I had to sell them at a lower than market price as they were electronically modified.
I now mow the lawn with my new ZTR as the old one was a mess especially the tires and the underside of the deck.
I actually enjoy mowing now that the animals are gone.
I've cleaned up my garden tractors that were getting nasty from hauling the waste products into my woods.
If you believe this, I'll tell you another line of s__t! HaHa!!!:laughing::cool2::dance1:

Congrats Mackie, THAT was top-hat !! ..3bca3bbfc9d09c3316fc20138e97bca8--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg