John Deere RX 75 rider

JPEARCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will not start. Put in new battery, new plug and it started right up. Next time I went to use it sounded like the battery had run down again. Tried charging it up on 2amp over night and charger shows full charge but will not turn the motor over, just clicks. Would like to check out the starter but can not figure out how to get to it. ANY HELP??????

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section to see if we can find you some help.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
a very strong possibility your alternator is not keeping battery charged

Luffydog

Threads
Because the battery is new doesn't make it good. Take it somewhere have it tested. Could be other issues besides battery. Be good to know some engine numbers. Briggs,Kawasaki, or the croaker I mean kohler

SueM

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section to see if we can find you some help.
I’ve had the very same problem for years. What I did was wiggle the pto handle while turning the key Like I’m starting it at the same time, and it starts everytime. I just ordered a pto switch tonight cause I’m tired of doing it that way. Good luck hope it works for you. Also make sure your battery cables are good and tight