Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Valentine's day! :laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
As for "Mr Potter", who must be a millenial because the best he can do for research is type on his smart phone.
Get off your bum and talk to some local mowing companies.
Better still offer to work for some of them for free to do your research.
Nothing like first hand experience, that is REAL research.
If I caught one of my students doing this when I was teaching it would be an automatic fail.

Just a note on Bert's theme.......aaaaaaaaa1.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
its amazing how much dialog can be found after a spam post.......there is no way this guy (OP) is legit

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Student in the UK going on line in the USA to get free research for a paper, sounds about right actually.
The silly old prof would never bother checking another country would they ( gees I am smart ).
Could also be a marketing or advertising clot .

In any case, not a viscious spammer as they post in every section and these 2 have only posted in the battery power section.

dennisRt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Participating in a student design project is not only an opportunity to express creativity, but also valuable experience for developing research skills. In this project we apply theoretical knowledge in practice, which is important for my dissertation. The process of practical design work and analysis of the results in the project echoes the research methodology required for writing a quality dissertation. This is a unique opportunity to combine theory and practice, which will enrich my education and help me achieve better results.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thread is from 2018, in case ya didn't notice.

EatPreyMow

Threads
Well I hope he finished his project, lol.

Battery technology is the hurdle to electric riding mowers. Vehicle batteries last over a decade because they have liquid thermal management but that's prohibitively expensive in a riding mower, and at the price range of battery powered mowers one can buy ICE mowers that will last well over 20 years with minimal maintenance.

I believe we'll get there but it won't be with Li-ion batteries.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You're talking nonsense! Whatever the battery is, after two years it loses its properties.
Nothing like the truth
we made electric fork lift batteries that were good for 20+ years
Yes after 5 or so years the storage capacity started to drop off but 20 year down the track they still had 20 hours of run time per charge
Now on a fork lift, having a 3 ton battery is an advantage because it also doubles as a counter weight
Not quite the same as on a riding mower.
Spiral cell Pb batteries can power most smaller E things quite well .
I use them to replace the deep cells used in golf carts & they work a treat .
It is all about available surface area & spiral cell battery have massive pate surface areas .