Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

2,500 Post Club
    Mower
    RZ5424

Re: Bobcat CRZ or Big Dog Alpha MP

If you maintain it then no. One pump every couple of hour should be fine. Do not forget to wipe off the excess as it collects dirt.
    Chuck
    We Do Not Stop Playing When We Grow Old
    We Grow Old If We Stop Playing

Mower
    John Deere

Thanks

Mower
    John Deere

Do you guys have any personal recommendations for a quality machine under $5000. Thats what I need to make my decision harder right lol

Mower
    Exmark, Bob-Cat, Honda

I have bushings on my walk-behind mower and after 16 years of dealing with trying to keep them lubed I would never again buy a mower without ball bearings in the caster swivel. But I'm a professional running at full capacity trying to keep a couple dozen pieces of equipment up and running so I'm a bit short on time and patience, lol. With a ball bearing setup such as on my zero turns they're virtually maintenance free. Just something you should be aware of.

The Hustler Raptor (same parent company as BigDog) is pretty popular as a residential mower and I think it fits your budget. The SD seems to be pretty close to being a commercial unit. Plenty here about them if you do a search.

Mower
    John Deere

Well I just talked to my local Hustler dealer on the phone. Hes has some 2017 SD 48 with the 25hp Kohler 7000 engines for $3400 plus tax. He also has 2018 SD 48 with the 23hp Kawasaki for $3900 plus tax. So a $500 difference for last years model with Kohler versus this year model with a Kawasaki. I may go and take a look at this tomorrow. With Hustlers 3 yr warranty it is less than the Big Dog and 2 years less than the Bobcat. He does the sales and service there about 10 miles from my house.

Any thoughts on the Kohler engine versus Kawasaki.
    Last edited by Marc417; 02-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.

2,500 Post Club
    Mower
    RZ5424

Look at the frams of each unit. You will find a major difference. Hustlers are not square but c channel.
    Chuck
    We Do Not Stop Playing When We Grow Old
    We Grow Old If We Stop Playing

Mower
    Exmark, Bob-Cat, Honda

If you're opening up your search, check out the Scag and Exmark mowers too. Exmark has done a great job with the Radius series. I looked at them a few months ago after I bought my Bob-Cat FastCat Pro and kind of regret not looking at them beforehand. The neighbor of one of my lawn accounts has a Scag Freedom and it's a solid mower that cuts really nicely. Might be out of your price range though, so there's the Scag Liberty, which I've never looked at in person but have read mostly positive reviews on. In reality, for your acreage any of them will get the job done effectively.

Then there's Gravely and Ferris and Simplicity, lol. I checked this unit out at my Bob-Cat dealer last spring. Pretty nice unit and has the ZT-3200 transmission and a has a cool cargo bet that I would think would be a nice feature for a homeowner. Not sure about that seat though. You should be able to change it? I upgraded the seat on my Bob-Cat to the suspension seat for $250 and darn glad I did. It's a sweet seat!

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_...urn-mower.html
    2002 48 inch Exmark Turf Tracer Hp w/17 HP Kawi and Accelerator grass catcher
    2003 52 inch Exmark Lazer Z Hp w/23HP Kawi and Ultravac
    2017 52 inch Bob-Cat Fastcat Pro w/23HP Kawi and Boss-Vac
    Honda Master's Series 21 incher
    1998 JD 855 with loader, backhoe, bushhog and york rake
    Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, Echo and Stihl handhelds - saws, blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, multi-tools
    Billy Goat 10HP Quiet Blow wheel blower

Mower
    John Deere

That cargo bed is a cool looking feature. Unfortunately there is not a close dealer to me. I appreciate all of the info. It seems the more I read the farther I am away from making a decision lol. There are way to many choices out there

Mower
    Exmark, Bob-Cat, Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Marc417 View Post
    That cargo bed is a cool looking feature. Unfortunately there is not a close dealer to me. I appreciate all of the info. It seems the more I read the farther I am away from making a decision lol. There are way to many choices out there
    You need to keep looking until your head is so full of info and you're so confused that one day you just can't take it anymore and you buy something. That's how it works for me.
    2002 48 inch Exmark Turf Tracer Hp w/17 HP Kawi and Accelerator grass catcher
    2003 52 inch Exmark Lazer Z Hp w/23HP Kawi and Ultravac
    2017 52 inch Bob-Cat Fastcat Pro w/23HP Kawi and Boss-Vac
    Honda Master's Series 21 incher
    1998 JD 855 with loader, backhoe, bushhog and york rake
    Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, Echo and Stihl handhelds - saws, blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, multi-tools
    Billy Goat 10HP Quiet Blow wheel blower

Mower
    John Deere

DarrylG I think I am about to that point