Timemaster or Turfmaster..........

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ran across this Turfmaster review (first part of video) by accident while doing some other research. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_Tdulhc9U

If you're looking at walk behind dual hydro mowers, no search would be complete without checking out Exmarks. Great mowers. They do take a little hand strength though, especially going in reverse for any distance. Also Hustler has a control system on their hydro walk behinds that they call the H bar. Dual hydro mowers are sweet but not exactly cheap.

I can't help but think that your solution is to avoid creating the compaction issues you're having by just mowing differently, or perhaps implement an aeration program to relieve it, or wider tires on your existing mower. Can't you just mix up your mowing pattern to avoid going in the same tracks all the time? That's what I and many other pros do to avoid rutting lawns with our heavy machines. I know that's hard to do around the edges where you're inclined to go the same place every time, but it can still be done.

gotomow

Threads
Cool video, that little Cub AWD is sweet but it's just 21" and no blade brake. Is there any MTD mower in that size range with blade brake? If their crew is able to not abuse the Cub with all it's plastic, I'm wondering why retain the metal guard cage on the Toro-Exmark? Seems like they would be able to remove all that metal and that would help with the weight issue. The cage just unbolts so hmmm...... get a clue guys and take it off!

billjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Darryl G..... I do try and mow in various patterns, but the x485 is just big enough to limit them, by the time I stop, back up, etc, I end up all over the place on a turn around. I do agree though that what you mention is my biggest issue and in fact the reason I'm looking for something else to do our front lawn with. As mentioned earlier I'll continue using the 485 in the back. Thanks again for your response!!

Bill