Looking to buy, need help comparing!

Zapirk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at getting a GT48Dxls that my dealer still has from last year or a TS348D I cannot fined any info on this mower but it is also 48" with rear locking Diff. Nicer seat and bigger back tread tiers. Both are $2,999 I'm going to pick one tomorrow.

Looking to cut grass, Pull heavy yard cart with wood/coal and get a plow and from scoop for gravel road maintenance

cruzenmike

Threads
I heard that the TS348D is replacing the GT48DXLS that was only made for last year. The price listed on the Husqvarna AU site is not what we will pay in the US. The mower will be comparable in price around $3k. As for the locking diff, the TS has a Tuff Torq K46 auto locker whereas the GT has a K66 electronic locker. The difference in transmissions alone makes the GT the better choice.

Zapirk

Forum Newbie
Threads
if its between a k66 and k46 im definitly going with the GT K66, where did you fined this info? thank you its harder then it should be to compare tractors

Zapirk

Forum Newbie
Threads
i called husqvarna today and they told me that the TS is a Australian model and she had no way to get any more information than what we already see on the website. I don't know how my dealer ended up with that

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to"Husqvarna" forum here. Look at "Impressions..."

cruzenmike

Threads
When I was in my local dealer I asked if the GT48DXLS was going to be available for order this year since it was an early spring release for dealers only last year. They person who orders the mowers for that location said that she had just come back from a show that had all of Husqvarna's new models and that the GT48DXLS was not going to be available to them; instead the TS348D. Nomenclature aside, the TZS348D in other markets has a K46 auto locker in it. The GT48DXLS has a K66 with an operator selected electronic locker. The basic difference in the durability of the trans comes down to the information on the following link:

http://www.kanzaki.co.jp/en/products/transmission/iht_k_k46k57k58k62k66k72.html

The K66 is capable of producting 420Nm of torque whereas the K46 can make no more than 231. There are other differences in their capacities as well.

Its not to say that the TS348D will for sure have the K46 in it, but given the information available, you have nothing else to go off of until the dealer gets on in stock. I know that Ferris is equipping their 400S zero turn with 3100 hydros in Europe but only 2800s in the US. You would think that manufacturers would attempt to have a single platform and list of parts, but there are many factors that they need to consider when building these models for each market.

Good Luck!

cruzenmike

Threads
I'm looking at getting a GT48Dxls that my dealer still has from last year or a TS348D I cannot fined any info on this mower but it is also 48" with rear locking Diff. Nicer seat and bigger back tread tiers. Both are $2,999 I'm going to pick one tomorrow.

Looking to cut grass, Pull heavy yard cart with wood/coal and get a plow and from scoop for gravel road maintenance

Husqvarna finally updated their site with the information on the TS348D. It appears as if the TS has an upgraded seat, led headlights and electronic locking differential. It seems from what information is there, the TS would be a bit of an upgrade over the GT.

Zapirk

Forum Newbie
Threads
i ended up getting the TS348D and will update this thread with the right K46/66 number once i get the mower. at the dealer by comparing numbers on the transaxle and size of the axels. it appears to be the same as the GT48Dxls.

cruzenmike

Threads
The actual model being released to the dealers is the TS 348XD. From what I can tell you are correct in that it will be the K66. In fact, the specific model that they put into the regular TS348 is the K66Y which is simply the variant, in which there are a few. This specific variant has no filter but can still be serviced with a simple fluid replacement. I absolutely loved the GT48DXLS, but the addition of LED lights and that upgraded seat is certainly welcome. The only questions that I still have about it are whether or not they still have the battery tender port still, and did they in fact make the deck lift up to a 4" cut height now, whereas the GT48DXLS only went up to 3.5"?