Model 110908-1015-01

RickfromNZ

Forum Newbie
Threads
My engine has been idle for quite some time and now will not start. Have confirmed spark is working. Engine turns over on the starter cord but feels a bit lumpy. Have looked to see that the valves are moving and they both move freely and show signs of lubrication. What I have found is that the upper of the two valves does not have any clearance and when I forced the valve open and slipped in a 4 thou feeler gauge, it clamped down on that and refused to release it. By this, I am presuming that the valve is not seating correctly.

My questions, then, are:

Should there be a gap on this valve? The other valve has a gap somewhat greater than the 4 thou feeler gauge I was testing with.
How is adjustment achieved on this model or does it not have an adjustment feature?
Is there anywhere online that I can look at a service manual. I found the user manual and parts manual on the B&S website but could not locate a service manual.
Thank you, in anticipation,
Rick.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My engine has been idle for quite some time and now will not start. Have confirmed spark is working. Engine turns over on the starter cord but feels a bit lumpy. Have looked to see that the valves are moving and they both move freely and show signs of lubrication. What I have found is that the upper of the two valves does not have any clearance and when I forced the valve open and slipped in a 4 thou feeler gauge, it clamped down on that and refused to release it. By this, I am presuming that the valve is not seating correctly.

My questions, then, are:

Should there be a gap on this valve? The other valve has a gap somewhat greater than the 4 thou feeler gauge I was testing with.
How is adjustment achieved on this model or does it not have an adjustment feature?
Is there anywhere online that I can look at a service manual. I found the user manual and parts manual on the B&S website but could not locate a service manual.
Thank you, in anticipation,
Rick.

Try this, should be what you're looking for ......

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6NaqjIxWV1ycG8wd0s3Z2Q2X00/edit