SCAG Tiger Cub Spindle Assembly

tony75

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a SCAG Tiger Cub
Model# STC48A-19KA
Serial#: 9257108

spindle.jpg

I need to replace the spindle of the spindle assembly. There is a 1 9/16" / 39mm nut on the bottom of the assembly. There is not enough clearance between the spindle housing wall and the nut itself to fit a standard socket in there to remove the nut.

Is there a thin walled socket someone could recommend or some trick anyone knows of in order to remove this nut?

My SCAG dealer says they never take apart the assemblies to replace a shaft, they just replace the entire assembly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 0001041895af997.jpg
    0001041895af997.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 42

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Time to make your own. I use a grinder and a drill with the socket attached to the drill. I run the drill and grind down the socket till it fits in the whole I need it to. I normally buy cheap tools for this.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pull the complete assembly off. Rebuild it on the table and then put it back in.

tony75

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull the complete assembly off. Rebuild it on the table and then put it back in.

I do have the complete assembly off...I need to get the nut off at the bottom of the assembly.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do have the complete assembly off...I need to get the nut off at the bottom of the assembly.

You might can hold it in a vise and take a cold chisel and a hammer and tap it an back it off that way. I can't remember but it might be left handed also.