Why are most cordless electric mowers not self propelled??

harrypotter

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Why are most cordless electric mowers not self propelled??
Can someone tell me why there are virtually no cordless electric mowers that are self propelled? Thanks

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would suspect the cost involved, ( which will change, eventually) but more likely, it's a big drain on those batteries that end-up in a recycling plant ?? to be turned into PLASTIC baby-bottles and car bumpers.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Because the addition of the self-propelled version that is worth anything will cost too much and work half as long before charge.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
most of them have small-ish blade diameters and are lighter - some have plastic decks - so, may not seem to 'require' propulsion assistance. And the xtra running gear to supply propulsion does come with more expense, weight and battery drain.

Greenworks has at least one model that is self propelled.

MowerMike

Threads
Actually, we are starting to see more self-propelled cordless lawn mowers with lithium-ion batteries in the larger sizes with metal decks. I just saw a new model from Snapper, and Greenworks now offers SP models for all three battery voltages (40V, 60V and 80V). Also, Kobalt, EGO, Troy-Bilt and Yard Force have offerings.

Personally, I have no need for a SP mower, since my lot is essentially flat and is only about 6500 sq ft. As long as a walk behind mower has large enough rear wheels and weighs under 70 lbs, I don’t find it to be hard to push and maneuver on flat ground.

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I once had a neighbor, that SWORE by electric mowers, a long time ago, he called to say he just purchased the MOST powerful ELECTRIC mower made, trying to convince me to "Go-Electric" he invited me for a demo of the FUTURE of Lawnmowing, I'm sure glad I brought my video-camera to always remember, ...The Future of Lawnmowing !! ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGnZhobTig4

RogerMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Haha. What a nice video. Thank for a good laugh :):laughing::wink:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
it says on the box when you buy it..........assembled in Mexico, so all you need is a mexican to push it around

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
it says on the box when you buy it..........assembled in Mexico, so all you need is a mexican to push it around

NO habla inglis ........