Engine has major issues

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can put an inline fuel tap in the fuel line , an easy piece of insurance.
I fit them to every mower I service .
Firstly it makes them easier & cleaner to service.
Secondly they cost a lot less than a change of oil & filter.

Threads
The tractor doesn't have an oil filter, and it does have a fuel valve, but it's pretty far from the carb, so I'm worried about the possibility of it leaking all of the remaining fuel in the line after the valve and in the float bowl into the oil.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the valve closed it can not leak. Un less the line has a hole.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The tractor doesn't have an oil filter, and it does have a fuel valve, but it's pretty far from the carb, so I'm worried about the possibility of it leaking all of the remaining fuel in the line after the valve and in the float bowl into the oil.

The fuel in the float bowl won't go anywhere. The float bowl has to be overflowing for fuel to get into the intake.

Threads
Good to know. Glad to have that cleared up.

I did notice that the tractor has an issue starting after sitting for a while, not like it has no fuel in the carb, but like it struggles to turn to the engine over for a split second until being able to turn over just fine. It also takes forever to start without choke. The hydrostat also kind of hesitates; it seems to struggle on changing terrain. My speed control lever has tons of play in it, and when going from forward to neutral, the hydrostat doesn't slowly go back, it stays the same speed then suddenly slows down a ton, then it creeps until going back to neutral.

I might take the fuel tank off to get the fuel cap gasket out of the bottom of the tank, and reroute the headlight wires from running off the stater to the battery. I also need to replace the throttle box and choke lever, as they're both broken. On the throttle box, the tab where the screw which holds it is broken off and the choke lever is broken in the middle, so it bends. I need to buy new ones and fix them.

I'm also thinking about putting the mower deck back on, but I kind of don't know how. I would look up a tutorial but everyone either gets the tractors with the decks already on or sells them before making any videos on them. The only kind of related tutorial I could find was "How to replace an MTD powr kraft deck belt" which talked about replacing the belt on the deck, which is useless to me. Anyone know how?

Powr kraft notes.jpg