UN-HEARD of BRIGGS Engine

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
about the only thing I can find is it was listed in the 2009 dealer update seminar book and amounted to about 2 paragraphs. Looks like something they tried in 2009 and then didn't do anymore with it until around 2014 when they came out with the newer EFM and EFI engines on the big block Vanguards.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
about the only thing I can find is it was listed in the 2009 dealer update seminar book and amounted to about 2 paragraphs. Looks like something they tried in 2009 and then didn't do anymore with it until around 2014 when they came out with the newer EFM and EFI engines on the big block Vanguards.

I was just digging through a huge listing of Briggs TWIN engine parts manuals and stumbled across the info. just got curious, looks like a major headache to me, I know that sometimes folks get carried away and overthink / over-engineer things and I put these engines in that category, it seems to me it's all about the choke system, personally I prefer a separate manual choke. Also ran across some other Briggs ASPI bulletins. Thanks for your reply ILENGINE, appreciate that ...... Boo

Luffydog

Threads
They r kinda like the ready start of push mowers with a no choke. Turn the key and cranks with a no choke. Start Amatic if u say. Very common engine and start feature seen several. Probably see more this year of this type as they just had a update on them.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will almost bet that in the future they will be going to the computerized fuel injection engines and doing away with the carburetor just like the have with cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The problem I see now with the EFI (ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION) is the cost.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will almost bet that in the future they will be going to the computerized fuel injection engines and doing away with the carburetor just like the have with cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The problem I see now with the EFI (ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION) is the cost.

I agree, that's where it's headed, BUT, first the dealers will need the training AND the cost of the equipment has to be worked out, unlike the big car companies with gov. subsidies and write-offs for these costs, and the smaller mower shops will be the problem, I doubt the consumer will have much (if any) say in the issue, you will either buy or go without, also I expect the elimination of currently available parts for today's and yester-years equipment will slowly diminish until fully depleted, which by that time, I will no longer be around to give a damn ! ...

Luffydog

Threads
Most dealers already have the training in this they also have software to hook the units up to a computer for diagnosis for the problem that might be occurring. This goes for kohler and for the new Briggs and Kawasaki.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Until they can put carb or EFI engines on lawnmowers sitting side by side at Walmart for the same price the low end consumer won't elect to pay the extra cost of EFI.

Luffydog

Threads
Don't think they will ever do away with the carbs but if they do their prices will drop to as well for the consumer. The reason why they have efi is more steady governor without the governor droop which causes more power with the steady rpms

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my way of thinking ?? ( LOL ) I think it's more about the EMISSIONS than the performance, who ...REALLY ..gives a damn, about perfomance in a mower anyway, I think MOST guys/gals just want a machine they can climb on, (or get behind) start like a car, go get the lawn cut, and get back to more enjoyable things, I think ?? DEPENDABILITY is the utmost concern of the folks, understand,.. I'm NOT trying to take away anything from someone that puts a lot of time and effort into their "Beautiful Homes & Gardens" style lawns and landscaping, many enjoy that, but I think there's fewer, than more. All the rules and regs put forth by the EPA and the crying environmentalists have cost this country dearly, ALL of the greatest things we enjoy in America were developed by people with a necessity or a great imagination to improve upon something to make our lives more enjoyable, and provide us more time to pursue our desires, being forced to comply by "law" is not part of our heritage, given enough time, thing's evolve, because someone, somewhere, thinks there's a better solution, and sure enough, it becomes reality. Besides what would all those Research & Development folks do, ?? try finding cures for mankind's dreaded diseases ?? I think not !