Buying Advice Patriot SPZ61

batcat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi new to the form. Love all the advice I have read on here. First I am 70 year old Vietnam Vet. I cut about 5 acre every other week. Most is flat with some bumps. Buying a Patriot SPZ61. Any advice about this mower? Thanks.

Luffydog

Threads
The patriot is a good machine with Kawasaki engine and the serviceable transaxles. The liberty is going to be off the scag list as they r stopping making them. The machine your looking at will be ok but it might be a little much for acreage for it. But I think it will be ok over all. Just maintain the service on it and don't neglect the air filter and oil and should be just fine.

mcdonell

Threads
My Cheetah is 3 years old and has about 150 hours on it. It has a Kawasaki 850FX 27 hp motor with 61V mower deck. I mow a measly 3 acres with a few trees and a couple of rough spots. I want to mow fast and be done with a nice yard.

My thoughts: If I were buying again I would get the 61" mower all over again. It is quick and gives me a great cut. The Cheetah is super fast but I never mow in high gear. The top speed in low is 11 mph, so the Patriot 10 mph should be fine. The 61" deck is heavy so I built a fast cheap pedal mod to make it easier on the foot to lift the deck. I do mow some areas pushing on the pedal without readjusting height. (who doesn't) I would not want less power than I have now but the Cheetah is much heavier than the Patriot. The only problem I have had is the $12 universal key switch had to be replaced.

I think you are going to very happy with your purchase.

P7K3

Threads
Where did you hear about them stopping production on the Liberty? It's still on their site.

The patriot is a good machine with Kawasaki engine and the serviceable transaxles. The liberty is going to be off the scag list as they r stopping making them. The machine your looking at will be ok but it might be a little much for acreage for it. But I think it will be ok over all. Just maintain the service on it and don't neglect the air filter and oil and should be just fine.

173abn

Threads
Welcome home batcat....russ

Gabbyp

Threads
Meant the freedom

Can you provide any more information about this. Are they selling less units that it makes sense if they stop
production? Are there to many other manufacturers in that price space that they decided to stop producing.
There is a significant price between the Liberty and the next up Patriot, like $3000. Last year they had a special discount
on the Patriot to $6099. I stopped by my dealer and that promotion has been dropped and the MSRP is now $7284.
I will stop and ask the dealer about them dropping the Freedom Z.

Luffydog

Threads
just what I heard no real proof as of yet but pretty sure they are going to all patriots instead of having the freedoms.