Valve Guide replacement 19.5hp

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just go's to show, you can always learn something new everyday ! THANK'S ILENGINE & Bert !

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The chrome on alloy bores used to be done this way as well.
The core was chromed and that transferred to the barrel when it was cast.
Then Yamaha managed to make plasma spraying of chrome commercially viable.

Threads
I would say this is extremely rare, in fact, I have never heard of it, maybe it has to do with "down under" ? :>) As I said before, of the dozens AND dozens of people using my fix, I have never heard of a failure. IF someone out there has used my OHV slipped valve guide fix and it failed, Please let us know.

Walt Conner
Hi Walt, I'm interested trying your fix for the slipped guide, Sent you an email message last week but haven't heard back from you yet- db@twcny.rr.com

Walt 2002

Threads
Are you aware of the problem with guides in these air cooled engines? Movement of guide in softened aluminum head (IMO) due to excess heat. In a later ? Briggs Intek 24 you could not buy guides ,only the complete head. My take after trying to reinstall guides with proper .002" press fit, but which moved again? Briggs knows you cannot succeed. I hope your head is an exception. Someone stated there is a loctite formula , but I could not find anything that would live beyond 340F a couple years back. Good luck, just my slant.
You are talking about the wrong series of engine, your note does not apply to this engine.
Also, I can positively assure you that there is a permanent fix for the engine series valve guides you reference, I developed one and there are others.
Walt Conner

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
For the engine he listed it is an old opposed twin and the guides are in the block. So would not have a problem with the guides coming out. My parts lookup listed the guides 231218 for the intake and 261961 Exhaust.

Walt 2002

Threads
Hi Walt, I'm interested trying your fix for the slipped guide, Sent you an email message last week but haven't heard back from you yet- db@twcny.rr.com
I am very sorry about that, I am always eager to share my fix, I do not find your message, IF you do not receive the fix, try me again at - wconner5 at frontier dot com put in proper format.
Walt Conner