Mower deck Engine to Deck Belt will not stay on

Dewrightlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. The Idler Bracket which keeps the tension on the Deck to Engine Belt does not stay in a horizontal position. It just hangs down. The belt came off the other day. When it put it back on the bracket hangs at an angle that prevents the belt from staying on. I cannot find anything that is broken or damaged. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is.

Thanks

rkchainsaw

Threads
Based on my experience, i may think that there is a worn bearing or bushing on the idler shaft which causes it to sit uneven. However I am not at all familiar with the Dixie Chopper. It may help to post some pictures. Good luck
Randy

PLL697

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same problem for 10 years plus. Complained numerous times to the DC dealer about it being a peepore design. Took it to the DC dealers finally and they replaced the pulley and belt $$$. (Which I had done several times thru the years.) Same thing no fix. So when the DC dealer retired and we got a new owner I complained again------ He sold me a revised designed tensioner for $85.00? and said that DC had came out with it in 2006!!!! Naturally my BP skyrocketed!! My machine is a 2005 Silver Eagle

stbird

Threads
I had the same problem. I rigged up a string and a hook that I dropped down from the engine to the adjustment arm and tied it in place at the proper height. Piss poor design but my jury rig works great!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
A 100172 idler arm kit will cure your problem. It is a kit that bolts to the back cross member and the arm sticks under the clutch and over the front cross member and has a support bracket for the idler arm to rest on that bolts on where the old idler arm was bolted. Idler arm slides to the right in the slots in back cross member and the front bracket slides to the left in the front cross member. It uses the same belt as before but if it has been thrown off several time I would replace it.