Tommy123

Tommy123

Threads
Dumb question
How do you remove plastic gas tank from small engine Tecumseh engine.
It has tabs, but I do not want to break them. I think they slide up but do not know how much force to use
Probably 3.8hp engine on a yardman lawn vaccum..

Tommy123

Threads
Just about finished with my Tecumseh TVS project on a yardman lawn vacuum, however, have another question.
This regards the gasket for the engine manifold and manifold pipe. I checked the diagram for my engine which is tvs90 46055B.
The gaskets ( and have ordered from different sources ) just do not look like they fit correctly as they do not seal completely around the hole of the engine manifold or the manifold pipe.
They do fit, if you would mean by aligning screw holes and screws. The gaskets also seal around the outside edges of each intended part, just not the holes

Am I being too picky?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just about finished with my Tecumseh TVS project on a yardman lawn vacuum, however, have another question.
This regards the gasket for the engine manifold and manifold pipe. I checked the diagram for my engine which is tvs90 46055B.
The gaskets ( and have ordered from different sources ) just do not look like they fit correctly as they do not seal completely around the hole of the engine manifold or the manifold pipe.
They do fit, if you would mean by aligning screw holes and screws. The gaskets also seal around the outside edges of each intended part, just not the holes

Am I being too picky?

Yes

Tommy123

Threads
Kind of thought I was being too picky, but just wanted wanted to make sure no air was getting into the engine.
Thanks for the quick reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The tanks or the slots ( varies model to model ave a little lip at he top to stop them popping out during use.
So effectively they pull almost strait out.