Craftsman 33 cc straight shaft trimmer primer bulb replacement

Archie06930

Threads
  • / Craftsman 33 cc straight shaft trimmer primer bulb replacement
Anyone know how to remove the primer bulb from this trimmer? Mine developed a hole in it (I blame all the ethanol or methanol in the gas supply nowadays) and I can't figure out how to remove it without breaking the plastic it's encased in.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the whole primer bulb assy should pop out of where ii is mounted and then pop back in a new one and reconnect the fuel lines correctly (don't reverse). On the plastic encases bulb you can't separate the plastic housing and install bulb and then pop back together. been there tried that.

Archie06930

Threads
the whole primer bulb assy should pop out of where ii is mounted and then pop back in a new one and reconnect the fuel lines correctly (don't reverse). On the plastic encases bulb you can't separate the plastic housing and install bulb and then pop back together. been there tried that.

Is there any type of retainer ring holding this in? I can't seem to push it through and free it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Should have two plastic notched tab that have to be flexed to get the primer assembly of the piece it is mounted in.

Archie06930

Threads
Thanks, I'll wait until it cools off a bit outside and fool around with it a bit more tonight. I just need to break it loose and get it to where I can undo the fuel lines.

Archie06930

Threads
Should have two plastic notched tab that have to be flexed to get the primer assembly of the piece it is mounted in.

Finally got around to messin with this primer bulb again. After removing the fuel lines so I could turn the thing around to see, it was simple. Squeeze the two tabs that have to be slightly compressed to release the primer bulb assembly and out it popped.

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated. Now all I have to do is "pay the Piper" at Sears Parts Direct and buy a replacement and put her all back together.

Adrienne

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the part number is to order the primer bulb assembly from Parts Direct. Can anyone send me the link to the part? Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
get me the model number and I'll look it up and get you the part number then take that number to your local poulan/weedeater dealer and he may have the part in stock or can order it since the trimmer is most likely made by poulan and the part number will be a poulan part number.

Adrienne

Forum Newbie
Threads
get me the model number and I'll look it up and get you the part number then take that number to your local poulan/weedeater dealer and he may have the part in stock or can order it since the trimmer is most likely made by poulan and the part number will be a poulan part number.

Hi, it's a Craftsman Trimmer - Model 358.791.170 33cc Weedwacker/Gas Trimmer

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part number is 530047721 available through any poulan/ weedeater service center.