Raptor sd 2018 deck opening

Markzont

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm looking to buy a RSD 54" I've talked to my local dealer and I am waiting for them to get one in stock already waited a month and may have to wait another month apparently there is a shortage on the Kawasaki engines they did have a 48" RSD come in and I noticed the deck had the bottom bar removed and the rib across the top just wondering if the 2018 54" is the same any information on the 2018 model changes would be great

mhavanti

Threads
That is a fine question. Soon as you see one, let us know. Mine is a '14 with the flat metal at the discharge opening and has never caused one bit of discharge problems. If the new SD54 comes in with the bar, don't let it keep you from climbing about and destroying the grass in your yard. You'll most likely be as happy with it as I have been with my old '14 model.

Keep us informed kind Sir.

Max

Markzont

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a fine question. Soon as you see one, let us know. Mine is a '14 with the flat metal at the discharge opening and has never caused one bit of discharge problems. If the new SD54 comes in with the bar, don't let it keep you from climbing about and destroying the grass in your yard. You'll most likely be as happy with it as I have been with my old '14 model.

Keep us informed kind Sir.

Max
Finally got my mower and yes all the mowers with 48 and 54 inch decks are open style and have engine guards

mhavanti

Threads
That is fantastic! Now, shoot some pics and make me feel badly for paying all that extra money for the items you're getting as standard. lol

Enjoy your mower. Do yourself a favor, go over it before you begin using it and tighten everything. I mean everything including the bolts holding the seat. Fenders, steering linkages, hydros, everything. Better be safe than sorry. I've only had one bolt loosen and that is a fender mount screw. No biggy.

Enjoy!

Max Hughes.

HDCowboy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm looking to buy a RSD 54" I've talked to my local dealer and I am waiting for them to get one in stock already waited a month and may have to wait another month apparently there is a shortage on the Kawasaki engines they did have a 48" RSD come in and I noticed the deck had the bottom bar removed and the rib across the top just wondering if the 2018 54" is the same any information on the 2018 model changes would be great

That's strange, I just bought a 48" Raptor SD and it has the bar across the bottom of the deck, you had me curious as to whether the sold me a 2017 model. Just looked at the finance agreement and it says its a model year 2018. Hmm after further searching I came across some info that states the 1st 2 digits of the serial is the year it was made and the 2nd 2 are the month, my serial is 1806XXXX so I take it, it was built in June of 18, can anyone confirm? Its strange you seen new ones with the bottom bar removed! I wonder whats up with that? Your right about it having the engine guard though!
:anyone:

mhavanti

Threads
Cowboy,

I'm betting he was looking at the SDX models. They don't have the bar.

Max

clubairth

Threads
I would install the heat shield that mounts under the muffler too. If you don't have one installed you will scorch the grass if parked more than a minute or two.
I could not figure out why I had some random brown spots in my yard until I read this on the forum.
Since the heat shield install no more brown spots!