How to fix backyard? Help!

Justin Liu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am living in a suburban household with quite an ugly backyard
IMG_2451.jpg
I own a dog that I frequently leave outside when I go to school, so there is poop in the backyard. Also, there's a section in the middle that is filled with 1"-2" of finely crushed rock that turns into wet sand when it rains. I was wondering how I could revive this lawn and remove the rock. I'd appreciate info on what equipment I need and details on how to clean the yard. Thanks!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pick up the dog crap, rake up the rock, rip up that carpet and plant some grass.

LAWN-PRO

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am living in a suburban household with quite an ugly backyard
View attachment 35529
I own a dog that I frequently leave outside when I go to school, so there is poop in the backyard. Also, there's a section in the middle that is filled with 1"-2" of finely crushed rock that turns into wet sand when it rains. I was wondering how I could revive this lawn and remove the rock. I'd appreciate info on what equipment I need and details on how to clean the yard. Thanks!

Definitely get all that stone out of there first. Second, I would rake up all other debree, sticks etc. Third, Dethatch the lawn using a Power Rake. Fourth, Aerate the lawn. Fifth, fertilize. Sixth, seed and water!!! There is a great video on YouTube by This Old House called - How to Fix a Patchy, Weedy Lawn - This Old House. I tried posting the video link, but I can't post links yet since I have not reached the 5 post threshold level yet, haha. Hope all that helped.

DeereLetMeDown34

Forum Newbie
Threads
would look lovely with some grass and sinple shrubbery. Get on it soon for the season. And brother, you gotta pick up after your little friend :)

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doesn't look like the OP ever came back. Probably just covered it with green carpet to match...