raptor sd 54 vs ariens apex vs gravely zt hd

cruzenmike

Threads
I heard that Hustler recently updated the 2018 Raptor SD to remove the lower support bracket/brace on the deck and if I remember correctly you can get a retrofit kit for the previous SD models. Hustler realized after much grief from customers that the brace was degrading discharge performance. The Raptor SDX omits the brace and many users have praised the improved discharge performance with that model.

mhavanti

Threads
Yes Sir, I've read the comments, viewed the new models and read their reviews. However, I intend to find out if there is anything to the claims as I can't imagine any reason based on my own experiences there is anything wrong with the original design. Do I believe that as far as a larger opening being better? You betcha!

More isn't always better, however, that isn't often. Do I think the opening is adequate for any situation, I think it is just fine. Still intend to work out some sort of scientific tests as for volume of debris with the stock configuration in different degrees of moisture laden clippings relative to the increased discharge port to see when the opening size has reached saturation.

Not going to happen real soon. Just on my horizon.

Sounds like fun to me anyway.