Husqvarna YTH18K46 riding mower with Kawasaki FR600V 18 HP engine: QUESTION

weeddigger

Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH18K46 riding mower with Kawasaki FR600V 18 HP engine: QUESTION
Would like to install a fuel shutoff valve in the
fuel line between fuel tank and carb. There is a fuel
pump in this fuel line; this fuel pump appears to be
activated by pressure changes in crankcase.

Question: Should the fuel shutoff valve be placed
before or after the fuel pump?

Primary reason for wanting the fuel shutoff valve:
I prefer running all fuel out of carb after each
mowing (helps prevent residuals left by fuel
evaporation, especially during months of low
usage).

NorthBama

Threads
I put the shut off valve before the fuel filter so when maintenance is due i can change fuel filter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I put the shut off valve before the fuel filter so when maintenance is due i can change fuel filter.

Same here, avoids fuel spills and crimping the fuel lines when doing filters or removing the carb.
Main thing is to have it in a convienant place where you won't burn your hands, the tap is properly supported and the hose not rubbing on something sharp.
Buy the tap from a mower shop, not online.
There are a lot of Chinese copies out there with neoprene seals which will go to jelly.
They wholesale in China for 15¢ where as a good one from certified factory will cost 65 ¢ ( when bought in lots of 200 )
Down here they retail for $ 2.50 so clowns buy them of Ebay for $ 1 and think they are getting a bargan.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fuel tank to shut-off valve, shut-off valve to filter, filter to fuel pump, fuel pump to carb, you can shut off the valve, and remove the fuel tank for cleaning as well, ( if need be ) try to use "Tygon" fuel line if possible.