toro proline 22026 w/ suzuki 2 stroke

jakewells

Threads
picked up this mower off craigslist for 30.00 not running but does run on a prime the carb is gummed up it's going to need a complete fuel system serviced anyway and some pieces replaced can't seem to find much info on it. it is a cast aluminum deck with side discharge only and is extremely heavy as found out from loading the mower in my car :laughing:. it has a large gastank that is mounted separate from the engine.
it should be a nice mower when fixed i will post pictures in a few hrs.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kind of old school but those things are known to run forever. Good find.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
With an aluminum deck and 2-cycle engine, it's actually (or should be) pretty light.

I have a similar model. Parts can be found but not easily and they are somewhat expensive. Yours is the professional model with a big fuel tank and probably has a blade clutch as well.

These engines are known for developing a 'Suzuki' knock. Yours may or may not do this. If it does, it will sound like a horrible rod knock and that it's going to fly apart at any moment...but it won't. Mine's been knocking for at least ten years, maybe more. Nobody seems to know for sure what causes it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
With an aluminum deck and 2-cycle engine, it's actually (or should be) pretty light.

I have a similar model. Parts can be found but not easily and they are somewhat expensive. Yours is the professional model with a big fuel tank and probably has a blade clutch as well.

These engines are known for developing a 'Suzuki' knock. Yours may or may not do this. If it does, it will sound like a horrible rod knock and that it's going to fly apart at any moment...but it won't. Mine's been knocking for at least ten years, maybe more. Nobody seems to know for sure what causes it.

C'mon purvis, you know damned well what it is, ....fess-up, tell him !! It's those pixies wreaking havoc !

PIXIES C.jpg

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's as good of a guess as I've gotten so far.

Seriously, I wish I knew what causes that knock. I'd be glad to share it.

jakewells

Threads

mine doesn't knock and doesn't have a blade clutch.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you mowed with it for 10 to 15 minutes? That's when the knock shows up in mine.

jakewells

Threads
ran it for an hour but no i have not mowed with it yet since the grass wont be growing till april.

elton

Threads
I've got the same mower and its awesome i use it for tall wet or dry grass there should be a little guard over the discharge i took it out been a real work horse