Updated Honda Mowers for 2018

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It almost always works out to the planners and marketing teams requesting a single lever adjust, vs. the engineers asking, "okay, if we do this, how many MORE are you going to sell?" With the HRR, we did offer a single lever rear height lever a while back, but it was a bit clunky, and did not result in more sales. Since having individual adjusters for each wheel were significantly lower cost, Honda reverted back to that design. Bottom line: If it does not increase sales, not worth the cost to implement.

Fair enough.
The "if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy works for me.
So the single height adjuster models we get must be a special production for the Aust / NZ market.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From my perspective, one lever taking the stress of all four wheels is more likely to break.

In addition, I imagine it has something to do with ease or manufacturing and assembly.

No they don't
There is not much force on the adjuster.
Now days most are either a row of holes with a pin on the adjuster lever or a plastic arc with 6 to 10 slots riveted to the side.

Got lots of mowers 30 years old that have no troubles with the height adjusters.

primerbulb120

Threads
Over here, most of the one lever systems are so poorly designed that they break under stress. Troy-Bilt and Aavix mowers are most notorious for doing this. Only good system I've seen is Husqvarna, they built one that did not fall apart.