Sam Hunley

Sam Hunley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for letting me join.
I have a Bad Boy MG Magnum 54”.
It’s new. Tried to remove the blades and replace with mulching blades can’t get the new original blades off. I’ve used a breaker bar no go. I assume the bolts are right handed. Any advice!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our mower and equipment operation section to see if we can find you some help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will need an impact wrench. It is torqued to 110 foot pound.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Blades self tighten in use.
Not much of a problem with domestics as most have fairly thin blades so they get changed fairly regularly.
Commercial units are different with thick wide blades they can be on there for 200+ hours.
On site I use a 6' length of rectangular Hollow steel section which gets slipped over the blade to prevent it turning.
The nut gets a 3/4" drive socket, breaker bar and another 6' of pipe.
A scissor jack is used to stop the socket head falling off the blade bolt.
Even then some times I end up bracing my back against something solid and pushing on the pipe with my legs.

Worst case is just cutting the head of the bolt off with an angle grinder & thin cut off wheel.
The threads do not bind, the nut overtightens so once the head is gone you can unwind the bolt with your fingers.

Sam Hunley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, for the info. I got the blades off with your suggestion used breaker bar and extension pipe broke them loose.