donnie mathias

mathias961

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for allowing me to join..I have a Simplicity Sunstar with m18-24594 Kohler engine..Need instructions on replacing flywheel while engine is in tractor..Don't want to mess anything up..Tried finding service manual but so far to no avail

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m sorry to tell you that trying to remove the flywheel on your unit while it is still in the tractor is nearly impossible. It is far easier to pull the motor, and then work on the engine. If you try to do the change while in the tractor will only get you frustrated and you’ll remove the engine after you realize what I’m talking about. Why do you want to change the flywheel?

mathias961

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not charging..checked,pieces of magnets coming out at bottom

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move this thread over to our Simplicity section to see if we can find you some help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With that being the problem, you are going to have to pull the engine. No short cut way around it. It’s not really that hard, removing the muffler will probably be the hardest part of the job. If you have a new flywheel and stator available, about a 3-6 hour job, depending on your mechanical skills and you don’t run into stubborn fasteners. This is common with shaft drive tractors. Sorry this isn’t the answer you were looking for. Good luck.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With that being the problem, you are going to have to pull the engine. No short cut way around it. It’s not really that hard, removing the muffler will probably be the hardest part of the job. If you have a new flywheel and stator available, about a 3-6 hour job, depending on your mechanical skills and you don’t run into stubborn fasteners. This is common with shaft drive tractors, have done this many times. Sorry this isn’t the answer you were looking for. Good luck.

mathias961

Forum Newbie
Threads
No that does help a lot..Now Iknow what I have to do..Was a mechanic and worked in that field for 46 years but there is a bit of difference between cars and lawn mowers..My main concern is the flywheel / oil cooler cover and the cooler hoses..May just have to bit the bullet and cut the hoses and replace..thank you very much

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should not have to completely remove the oil cooler. Just unbolt and let it hang, should be out of the way.

mathias961

Forum Newbie
Threads
Should not have to completely remove the oil cooler. Just unbolt and let it hang, should be out of the way.

The housing it sits in wants to be beligerant..One hose would have to be disconnected because it runs through the housing,unless there is something i'm overlooking..Have to get cooler out of housing to unbolt housing...I do appreciate your helping.Ijust found online a service manuel so I ordered it..Hope it will help with your help..