Engine fuel pump issue

rustfarmer

Threads
I understand the fuel pump on the FE Kawasaki 9.5 HP engines operates off crankcase pulse (vacuum). I have replaced fuel pump and hoses but still lack pump pressure. Is it possible the crankcase breather valve is not operating properly such that I am not getting vacuum to the pump? How to fix or replace?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you connected it the correct way ?
The impulse line is the one by itself on the top.
The one nearest the impulse line is the fuel in
The one furthest away is the outlet.

The pump has one or two one way valves in it.
If the piston is going up & down then the pump will work.

If there is a hole in the crankcase or the breather valve is stuck open the crankcase pressure pulses will be reduced but the pump will still pump, just not as much volume.

Wet your finger and put it over the impulse line or the impulse hole in the engine and turn the engine over, you can take the spark plug out to make it easier if you like.

rustfarmer

Threads
Re: fuel pump issue FIXED

Thanks to those who have helped--wanted to let you know what was wrong. I tore down the carb once before expecting to find the main jet clogged but found noting wrong. After much other work, I decided to check the carb again, and although I saw nothing wrong at first, I hooked up a length of hose to the fuel inlet and blew through it. I heard a kind of sputter sound, so I used carb cleaner spray and then compressed air to blow out the inlet (ie: thorough the seat of the needle float valve). Never saw anything come out, but after doing this I then blew with my hose by mouth and the sound of sputter was gone. Unit now runs as it should (happy dance).