" PLASTIC " GT CVT TRANS INFO.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not saying that they are wrong or anything but I would never pry around the plastic. I would use a screw screwed into the seal then pull the seal out.

Edit: I am saying they are wrong.:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
They've had these trans out in the field for quite awhile now, I think they were a selling point for the CRAFTSMAN brand, but I haven't heard much feed-back on them, ... wondering if they're as good as they were cracked up to be ..??? I do know some of the auto-makers were trying the automotive proto-types but no further info. there either. HMMMMmmmm

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not saying that they are wrong or anything but I would never pry around the plastic. I would use a screw screwed into the seal then pull the seal out.

I am in agreement, ALWAYS use a LFSD & a BMFH !! ..get that sumbeech outa there ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Mee too tink day are trying to sell some new cases.
I drill some holes in the seal then use very long screws with flat points ( don't sound right ) to push them out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mee too tink day are trying to sell some new cases.
I drill some holes in the seal then use very long screws with flat points ( don't sound right ) to push them out.

Never thought about doing it that way but that would work as well. I love learning new stuff.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
They've had these trans out in the field for quite awhile now, I think they were a selling point for the CRAFTSMAN brand, but I haven't heard much feed-back on them, ... wondering if they're as good as they were cracked up to be ..??? I do know some of the auto-makers were trying the automotive proto-types but no further info. there either. HMMMMmmmm

Trannys in a car/truck change temp too often in my thinking. They would become brittle over time and just crack to death. Not that that would be that big of an issue with a manufacturer as long as it did not happen under warranty.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Trannys in a car/truck change temp too often in my thinking. They would become brittle over time and just crack to death. Not that that would be that big of an issue with a manufacturer as long as it did not happen under warranty.

Here's just a bit of info on these CVT (automotive use) trans, NISSAN been using it for OVER 20 years ??

https://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/cvt-enters-the-mainstream.html ................ ( watch the Nissan video)

http://todaysmower.com/cvt-automatic/ .............. This is WHEN (2014) and where I first heard of this CVT used in mowers, snowmobiles, & some cycles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Vehicles_with_CVT_transmission

of course it's not the same transmission used in all different vehicles, it's the technology, perhaps, ... Bert will enlighten us !! ..:thumbsup: