Battery tools: Need suggestions

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
And if it were me, I'd tear out the hedges and install a fence .. ( so ya finance it) ..and be done with it !

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Be kind to hedges. They provide great privacy. The acid loving varieties here grow like weeds, and look way better than fences, but must be trimmed every couple years. These are big leaf, soft leaf type, not the tough, "tear your arm off" fir type. I should be able to name the hedge I am referring to, but I am too busy working metal.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be kind to hedges. They provide great privacy. The acid loving varieties here grow like weeds, and look way better than fences, but must be trimmed every couple years. These are big leaf, soft leaf type, not the tough, "tear your arm off" fir type. I should be able to name the hedge I am referring to, but I am too busy working metal.

All depends where you are.
Down here we call hedges WICKS cause as the wild fire passes buy it ignites the hedge which then burns down the house that would have otherwise been bypassed.
I have always prefferred a screen of mixed Summer & Winter flowering shrubs with some shade loving understory on the shade side and sun lovers of the sunny side.
Planted in small groups of similar plants.
Thus when one plant dies, it can get replaced and not look out of place.
Got a couple of city people living in their "country houses" with miles of Buxes ( Box ) hedges which always look schitt because there is always one plant that is sick.
They spends a lot more on maintaining their hedges than they would have on a fence.
Over the road is a bloke with "hedges" made from a variety of fruit trees all growing between each other with some Magnolias dispersed between them, apples, pears & citrus.
The sunny side had Passionfruit growing through the "hedge".

g92065

Forum Newbie
Threads

Here's a better pic of the hedge, getting some rain, the first we've had in about 9 months.

I prefer the hedge...we get a lot of birds moving in and out of it, and it just looks good.

Gerard

20180109_075338.jpg