Bad frame

slickstick260

Threads
I have a 265 johndeere lawn&garden tractor about a 1991 model. The front frame section is broke. I am wording what frames will work under it.Thanks for the info.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 265 johndeere lawn&garden tractor about a 1991 model. The front frame section is broke. I am wording what frames will work under it.Thanks for the info.

Well Slick, you're shy some information here ! Are you planning to replace the "frame" and re-install ALL your components onto to the "new" frame, maybe you're thinking of welding a new section of frame on, please clarify, also, the IMPORTANT info is lacking, see example and provide as much info about your machine as possible, ( JD 265 is just your SERIES ) a few pics would help a great deal also. Finally, what is your plan thus far. Please help US to help YOU !!

GET INFO.JPG

slickstick260

Threads
Well Slick, you're shy some information here ! Are you planning to replace the "frame" and re-install ALL your components onto to the "new" frame, maybe you're thinking of welding a new section of frame on, please clarify, also, the IMPORTANT info is lacking, see example and provide as much info about your machine as possible, ( JD 265 is just your SERIES ) a few pics would help a great deal also. Finally, what is your plan thus far. Please help US to help YOU !!

View attachment 35343
Well i plain to re install all the old components on the new frame.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK Slick I found this much so far, it looks to me like you can use a frame from any years from 1987 up to a 1994, ( NO guarantee) I'm not familiar with JD Mowers. check this info over to see if it's the same as yours, I would suggest you search any local mower junk-yards and look on craigs-list for a mower with a blown engine or trans. ( provided yours is good) or selling for parts, maybe even a local mower shop might have something,

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/0/2/29-john-deere-265.html

click on the various "boxes and items in "italics" for further info. .......... keep us up-dated Good Luck !! ..:thumbsup:

mjb8fj

Threads

i think the 240,262,265,275,285 were all the same frame. The 320 was close, but Im not sure about it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

slickstick260

Threads
Those all envoled with bad frame on the 265 johndere. Iwent ahead and weld the frame. I can,t find good frame so i weld it.Thanks for the info.