Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

Fizzerpilot

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Thanks! I’ve got about 6 acres that will be “tamed” at 5-6” and then about 2 acres of actual lawn. I’m pretty excited, and I’ve been researching a lot over the past year. Every lawn company here runs Hustler, and we have a good dealer. This deal was almost too good to pass up.

mhavanti

Threads
You know what they say............. "Strike while the iron is hot!" Wish you good luck and lots of fun.

mr20turbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up a 2017 Hustler SD 60. It is making short work of the acre plot I am on now. Can't wait to get a larger piece of property to let it stretch it's legs. Decided to go with Hustler as dad has had years of reliable service from his.

mhavanti

Threads
Enjoy that SD. You should have good service from it. Had mine since February of '14.

Max

strohsman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new ower of a Raptor SD

Thanks up front for the questions that will be coming. Lots of info here.

NMACPC

Forum Newbie
Threads
:cool2:Good evening my name is Noel Martinez. I've been in the lawn care maintenance business for over 15 years, we have Toro, Hustler, Ferris mowers. We are happy to help anyone that needs any advice, like I do today, Thank you very much for allowing me to be part of this forum

Noel Martinez

GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

carver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all! New to the forum, and to the Hustler line. I just bought a Hustler Raptor 60". I'm cutting about 5 acres, here Deep in the Piney Woods of East Texas!

mhavanti

Threads
Welcome one and all to the Forum and especially the Hustler section. Mr. Martinez, looking forward to have you jump in with solutions to folk's questions. Carver, only thing I'd suggest to you is get a couple sets of "Gator" blades for Gator season. You might be able to make some extra money on the Gator meat. lol

I suggest to one and all, any brand equipment, as you begin using them, make sure you check mounting hardware often for tightness so that you don't end of up with early failures.

Max

Wags

Forum Newbie
Threads
First time on a thread, a little behind the times. Raptor SD 52" cut. Mowing in heavy grass last night and mower stopped and would not start moving. Blades engage and mower starts up right away. There is no sound like the hydraulic pump is not engaging.

mhavanti

Threads
Wags,

Sounds like you may have either thrown or broken the hydro drive belt. Open the seat deck, look downward toward the front bottom of the engine and look for the drive belt. Better way to do it is to jack up the mower making sure to secure the mower on jack stands or equivalent. Crawl under and look for the belt above the deck belt clutch and making two right hand bends, one to the right, going around the drive pulley with the fan on it then crossing the mower to the other drive pulley with the fan then making another 90 degree bend and returning to the engine pulley completing the belt circuit for the hydro drives.

Hope that helps.

Max

Copy and paste into your browser.

file:///C:/Users/MH_2/Desktop/Hustler/Raptor%20SD%20&%20SDX%20Manual/raptor.pdf