Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

mhavanti

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
You are very welcome. My idea came from Jersey577's modification and although I like his better, I worry about some small kid running up and sticking their toes under the belt cover with his. Since he is doing commercial, that isn't likely. I don't, so, I was very concerned that I would try to preclude that from happening.

I shall post Tom's (Jersey577) so you can compare.

If you can get away with it, his is wide open and now way it could capture any debris. Now that is an opening! I like it a lot.

577Jersey's Belt Cover Open Cut.jpg

Cheygunslinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, new Hustler owner here. Bought my mower about a month ago. I am an active duty (only one more year until retirement after 24 years) in the Air Force. I live in Warner Robins, Georgia.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 15

mhavanti

Threads
Gunslinger,

Welcome to the board,

Thank you for the service to a great nation. There are a great many folks here that will be glad to help you out in the event you have questions or suggestions that we need to hear.

Again, welcome aboard.

Max

Datadave

Threads
Hello everyone, new Hustler owner here. Bought my mower about a month ago. I am an active duty (only one more year until retirement after 24 years) in the Air Force. I live in Warner Robins, Georgia.

Nice mower gunslinger

ab38off

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Raptor SD 48 3 summers ago. Cuts great. Have been mulching. Have a Humboldt Power Bagger Tornado II unit on order.

Mykey

Threads
Hello! I joined this forum last week after a bought a used Hustler Fastrak 18/48 Honda twin. It's 6 years old and cuts like dream! Here's a pic of the mower.

Attachments

• IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 16

ab38off

Forum Newbie
Threads
I looked for used 48" FT's and none around, so settled for a Raptor SD.
It does a nice job, but mulching plugs the deck and I am tired of scraping every other week.
Ordered a powered bagger and should come in another week.
Saw lots of complaints about the standard bagger plugging, like every other bagger.

gene_stl

Threads
Greetings from St. Louis,
Recently moved to house on much larger lot and bought a Hustler Raptor Flip up. I like being able to get to the blades without tools (for lifting) and the 25 horse Kohler was an attraction too. Although I have only used it about three times so far it seems to cut the grass great. Hilly front yard. I can keep the deck higher than will work with my old lawn tractor. (A Scott's Murray with a 20 hp Kohler and a 52 inch mower deck)

Gene

Scythe

Threads
Hello,

First thing, I am surprised the user name Scythe was available.

I have an old John Deere LT155 with a Kohler engine that is still running great but (my problem ) forward and reverse are not what they used to be. It has cut grass once a week, sometimes 2 during the season and it was loaned to my neighbor at least 3 times and he cuts just under 2 acres. A gas tank recall is the only time it was ever in the shop.

I have been reading about everything I can find and watching videos which has me leaning toward the Hustler SD.

I have 1.3 acres with just over 1 acre to mow and only 2 issues, imagine that.

I'm limited to a 42 or 48 and should I buy now with the $200 off until July 5th or should I hold out until the fall?

Rich