Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

Justin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Justin,

Do you have a 36" or a 48" metal straight edge? If so, lay it on the middle pulley and check the alignment of the outer pulleys to see if they are running true. Even if they're not, it shouldn't run the bearings out of your spindles in that short of time. But, it does require more ponies to pull the deck blades if the pulleys are not aligned properly.

Max
Thank you Max! I will certainly try that. Should get it back tomorrow. ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
So you add zerks to all of your sealed spindles? I've read greasing them is kinda tricky because one could put too much grease up in there. I would love to hear about what exactly you do. I have no problem improvising but I don't want to make things worse either. Thank you BlazNT

Spindles are not sealed bearing are sealed kind of. They are covered not sealed. The covers can be removed to allow grease inside. Lots of youtube videos on how to remove bearing covers. Remove only one side of each bearing. The uncovered side will be plaiced so grease can enter from inside of spindle.
You open the spindle clean the inside with anything that will clean it. Find the size zirk you want to use. Then find drill bit that will work. If you get the right size bit you will not have to thread the hole. Now clean the inside of the spindle very well. Put zirk in and reassembly. Make sure you put the zirk in a place that is easy to access and not where the bearings will be placed.

Justin

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Spindles are not sealed bearing are sealed kind of. They are covered not sealed. The covers can be removed to allow grease inside. Lots of youtube videos on how to remove bearing covers. Remove only one side of each bearing. The uncovered side will be plaiced so grease can enter from inside of spindle.
You open the spindle clean the inside with anything that will clean it. Find the size zirk you want to use. Then find drill bit that will work. If you get the right size bit you will not have to thread the hole. Now clean the inside of the spindle very well. Put zirk in and reassembly. Make sure you put the zirk in a place that is easy to access and not where the bearings will be placed.
OK. Thank you for your input BlazNT. My backbup mower, toro timecuuer z4200, also needs a spindle work, after years of solid service, which I'll expirement with first.

Bigmks

Threads
Good Evening

I'm looking to purchase a rapotor sd either an 36" or 42" deck in the next couple of days. I could get away with a regular raptor since this is going to be used on my own lawn which is less than half an acre. Any suggestion or comments will help. Also why doesn't the raptor come with an engine guard. I have been looking online to find the part # for the engine guard for the raptor sd 36" or 42" ztr , but i haven't had any luck.

mhavanti

Threads
I would suggest you speak to RetiredGuns as he has had a Raptor Standard for over 3 years. I will relay one of his comments here and you can then contact him if you like:

RetiredGuns

Mower
Hustler

Re: If I buy a Raptor instead of a Raptor SD, will I be disappointed?

I haven't bought a mower or trimmer from a big box store since 1997, but after seeing the Raptor online at Lowes & my 10% military discount I was tempted. It just happens that the dealer around the corner became a Hustler dealer shortly after I found these forums. I still balked due to all the choices and went 'round in 'round in my head. Went to the dealer and noticed they were also doing a limited time 10% military discount and that was that. I am convinced that I could not have bought a better new ZT mower for $2519. That's $20 more than a JD Z235 and the machines are vastly different. The dealer also said he had quite a few Hustlers sold although not surprisingly mostly commercial models. I think if more homeowners cutting less than an acre happen to visit & see the Raptors, they are going to take a hard look.

My Raptor 42" has made mowing way less of a chore. One spec I was concerned about was blade tip speed, but am finding out that 16.7k is still leaps & bounds better than my old tractor and my thick, plush lawn hasn't challenged it in the slightest. As far as the EZTs go, time will tell, but at 30-36 hours a year I am thinking it will last until I get sick of looking at it. Like many guys, I always want more than I need, but what I really wanted would have been double the price and just not necessary.

The Raptor may be at the bottom of the Hustler food chain, but my neighbors on loud-arse, slow tractors still have serious mower envy!

Jimbob51

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Jimbob here, from Zachary, La. Hustler Raptor SD. "If you can't find time to do it right, where ya gonna find time to do it again"

RLWithrow

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello all and thanks for accepting my registration. I bought a new Hustler 54 inch zero turn mower last year which is my first zero turn. I wanted to get this picture of my mower out there for all to see my front guide wheel that I made to help with straight tracking on side hill slopes. It works great and saves time and wear on the turf and mower while mowing side hills where the mower would generally slide downhill with the rear wheels.
This front guide wheel provides straight track guidance that the front caster wheels can't. Simply push on the pedal with one foot to make firm contact with the ground to guide the front of the mower straight forward and let off the pedal when the rear wheel traction has stabilized.

Attachments

• Front guide wheel..jpg
    Front guide wheel..jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 22

mhavanti

Threads
Great idea.

How do you like the flex forks? Did you run it without first? If so, how much difference in ride does the flex forks make?

Thanks for the photo,

Max

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a great idea. May I use your idea for my own mower?

RLWithrow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great idea.

How do you like the flex forks? Did you run it without first? If so, how much difference in ride does the flex forks make?

Thanks for the photo,

Max

When I bought the mower they came with a special the dealer was having. It came with the standard forks but they put the flex forks on and sent the standard forks with me so I have both, don't know what I'll do with them...