Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

butchwester

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I have a Hustler 60" with a Kawasaki engine. I also had a Bad Boy 60" (we mow 5 acres and need two). I know a bit about Hustler, such as the fact that they invented the zero steering mechanism, and that there are weak spots in the construction of the mower. Maybe I can help someone, or them me. Hopefully, it'll be a useful association.

mhavanti

Threads
Welcome to the boards.

SteveHaller

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
I have a 2012 Hustler Sport. In the first or 2nd season I had it, I put on the gator high lift blades as I wanted more airflow through the deck for better ejection of the clippings. I have never had the issue you are referring to, and I found that I do not get excessive build up on the deck underside.

Hey guys, I have a 2011 Hustler fast track super duty 54"cut. I really like it except for one problem... I can only find high lift blades or "Gator" type mulch blades for it. Does anyone know where I can get standard cut or straight blades for it? These blades are available in the 60 and 72 inch decks, why not the 54?? The high lift and mulch blades cause the cut grass to stick to the underside of the deck and that causes the blades to dull extremely fast. I've been thru 3 sets of blades already this year alone. I never had this problem with my exmark or the old gravely... Other than that my Hustler is an awesome rig. Please help...

PVHIII

Threads
This is a common problem with some Hustler models...The only thing I absolutely hated about my 2013 Fastrak SD 48" was the deck stayed packed with grass clippings.I would like to know if this is an issue with their top of the line commercial units such as the Super Z...I recently sold my Hustler FT SD and purchased a Gravely Pro-Turn 460 with the Yamaha MX825V 33hp power plant..I don't have a single complaint.I absolutely love this machine to say the least.I may have stayed with Hustler and purchased a Super Z but due to the fact that the Hustler dealer here is a total crook/douchebag..I went with a Gravely and I am actually glad I did.

PVHIII

Threads
I'm looking to buy a new lawn tractor and there are only 2 dealers here in Mt. Home, AR. One is a John Deere and one is a Hustler. Can someone give me pros and cons of each (Deere L140 is the size I am looking at and I have had a Deere before and liked it, but also looking at ZTR Raptor Hustler 42" Cut. I have about 1 1/2 acres to cut and no steep inclines.

Thanks,

Diane
Don't Buy ANYTHING from Moranz Lawn and Garden..Mark is total crook...JS

RickB49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined the forum to basically read all the hints, problems solved, mods, and anything else having to do with Hustler.

I own a 54" Raptor SD and so far it's been fine except I'm not too crazy about the slop in the control arms. I'm used to running a Scagg and the difference is quite noticeable.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me get on board.

mhavanti

Threads
PVHIll

My hustler has never had any problems with collection under the deck, nor has it ever had any of the problems people speak about on the ejection port. The discharge couldn't be any better.

RickB49,

My Raptor SD60 is super sensitive. Wonder if you have some slack in the rods from the sticks back to the motors or perhaps at the motors themselves that need to be tightened up. I always thought my RSD was a bit too sensitive but then, I like them this way now.

Welcome to the boards.

DK35vince

Threads
This is a common problem with some Hustler models...The only thing I absolutely hated about my 2013 Fastrak SD 48" was the deck stayed packed with grass clippings.I would like to know if this is an issue with their top of the line commercial units such as the Super Z..
I had the same problem with my 2008 FasTrac- deck was stayed packed with grass clippings and need scraped out far to often.
My 2013 Super Z can also pack up some when mowing wet grass, but no where near as bad as the FasTrac. I only scrape the under side of the Super Z deck out once or twice a season if needed, then I clean and oil under it the end of the season

RickB49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have any problems with grass packing the deck even when I mow wet.

I plan to take my SD back to the dealer as soon as mowing season slows down and have them adjust the control arm slop. It's under warranty so it will save me from messing with it. I'm sure they have people much more skilled at this than me.:laughing: