Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

mhavanti

Threads
I can tell you what I'd do, I'd get the SD and if the deck you choose is too narrow to get you the 13-6.50-6 front tires and spindles and the extra wide rear tires. Tell the dealer to keep his two hundred and configure the mower with the extra wide tires front and rear and get to mowing.

You'll do better to use your time for you than wait trying to save nine bucks if any at all waiting for fall. A Raptor SD will give you back part of your time to spend on you.

Medic522

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm Brian. I just purchased an SD 50 yesterday and I am in love. I had a Troy Bilt Mustang 50 and the SD is leaps and bounds so much better. I don't hurt anywhere as much after cutting 2 acres as I did before. Looking forward to learning and sharing info about my mower.

Datadave

Threads
Welcome to the forum Medic522
Bought my Hustler RSD 54 last summer and I am still happy.
I also mow 2 acres and do it in half the time as I could with my ole JD 42" lawn tractor

rhight

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all.Just joined up as this seems like a great place to gather info. Am researching a ztr mower, which will be my first. Leaning towards a Hustler SD. My Cub Cadet is not dead yet, so am doing lots of pre purchase research.

mhavanti

Threads
rhight,

Grab you a SD and get to mowing. You'll find plenty of jobs for the ole riding mower so, go ahead and get the Hustler and save a lot of personal time mowing in less than half the time. Pull your lawn cart, sprayer, spreader, etc. with the riding mower.

Max

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Thank you for the welcome. I currently have a Hustler Super Z HD 72 and a Hustler Super104 both rear discharge. Have had them about 2 years and they both have a little under 100 hrs. Like them a lot. Look forward to the forum.

Datadave

Threads
Thank you for the welcome. I currently have a Hustler Super Z HD 72 and a Hustler Super104 both rear discharge. Have had them about 2 years and they both have a little under 100 hrs. Like them a lot. Look forward to the forum.

Welcome John
Wow 72" I thought the 60 was a wide cut
I settled for 54" so I wouldn't have to use the weed-eater so much around the house.
Anything wider than 54" and I couldn't get it in-between a lot of trees and shrubs close to the fence.

Last edited:

bassman3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wanted to check in, my name is Chet and I'm located in central pa. I mow about 2 acres and have been doing it with a box store jd 42 inch. Last weekend pulled the trigger on a rsd 54. Pretty much fun now to mow and on the first mow I only ran one landscape light over. Learned a lot on this forum and just wanted to say thanks for all the info on here.

Datadave

Threads
I agree Chet
Lot's more fun than that ole lawn tractor:tractor:

MikeRSD54

Threads
Just wanted to say hello, new owner of a Raptor SD 54. Enjoying the machine so far. I mow about 2.5 acres and occasionally my father's lot, which is about 1.5. Been lurking around the forum prior to purchase, and have picked up on a lot. Lots of valuable info on here and I hope to contribute in some way.

Mike